Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Seeking U.S. or Internet source for heavy gauge chicken wire

Article about: Greetings! I am creating a repro M40 helmet with chicken wire for reenacting. All I can find in the Dallas area is the thin chicken wire. Does anyone know of a source for this? Thank you for

?

Default Seeking U.S. or Internet source for heavy gauge chicken wire

Greetings! I am creating a repro M40 helmet with chicken wire for reenacting. All I can find in the Dallas area is the thin chicken wire. Does anyone know of a source for this? Thank you for your help!

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking U.S. or Internet source for heavy gauge chicken wire
    P
    Many

OST Front Militaria out of Oklahoma used to sell Europeon chicken wire for so much a helmet I don't know if they are still in business or not haven't been on their site for a couple of years. They used to kind of cater to Reanactor items. timothy

?

Hi Mike! I do believe Alexander&Sons restorations sell the proper gauge chicken wire. Although not cheap by the looks of it. Here's a link to his site.. Alexander And Sons Restorations: Home Cheers, Sean.

?

Thanks for the lead, Timothy. Their site is no longer there, but they are on eBay; so I can contact them to see if they stil have it.

?

Sean: I checked it out and they only want $65 for one helmets worth of wire. Um, I think I'll keep looking; but in a pinch I now have a source! So, thanks!
    Lovin' the kitty in the SS helmet. I know towards the end of the war they were taking almost all applicants, so this could be real!

?

Quote by mcmike View Post
    Sean: I checked it out and they only want $65 for one helmets worth of wire. Um, I think I'll keep looking; but in a pinch I now have a source! So, thanks!
    Lovin' the kitty in the SS helmet. I know towards the end of the war they were taking almost all applicants, so this could be real!
    Haha! Its a great pic. I didn't realize that price was just for one helmets worth I thought you would get a whole roll for that price! Don't blame you Mike, Hope you find something soon pal! Cheers, Sean.