Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Should I refurbish it

Article about: Do you guys think I should restore/refurbish this helmet. Now I'm only talking about doing it to remove the rust and the crap on the inside. Id like to leave the decal and the remaining pain

Default Should I refurbish it

Do you guys think I should restore/refurbish this helmet. Now I'm only talking about doing it to remove the rust and the crap on the inside. Id like to leave the decal and the remaining paint that was untouched left alone. Pretty sure this helmet was dug in Russia.

Any thoughts, whether I should remove the rust and if so how or just leave it alone.

ThanksShould I refurbish itShould I refurbish itShould I refurbish itShould I refurbish it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Should I refurbish it
    P
    Many

Leave it as is imo. Seal it in a plexi box used for football helmets and it won't deteriorate anymore.

Ok thank you.

Also cause I bought this helmet years ago, I forgot what kind it is.. Is it a M40 with field gray paint???? Thanks again

?

Yes its a M40 and I agree with what was mentioned about leaving it alone. The damage to the shell from an obvious bullet tells the story and the corrosion that formed on it when it fell should not be changed in anyway.

Semper Fi
    Phil