Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

some questions regarding refurbishing a helmet

Article about: by Schwerpunkt You want to fool collectors but it's not your intention ? Which is it. Anyway nice goal you have set yourself there , I'll make a mental note to myself and my friends not to a

Default Re: some questions regarding refurbishing a helmet

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You want to fool collectors but it's not your intention ? Which is it.
    Anyway nice goal you have set yourself there , I'll make a mental note to myself and my friends not to assist you ever again.
    I think that he's wanting to make a repro helmet that has been aged to look like a real helmet that was used during the Second World War. Personally I think that its fair enough if he's going to do this as long as he's marking the helmet as being a repro, not all of us can afford to buy a genuine good condition and complete German helmet, so I wouldnt have a problem with anyone doing so.

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement some questions regarding refurbishing a helmet
    P
    Many

well i use primer just because do not want to bake it in the oven. Baking it in the oven gives your house a really bad smell. I use primer just because it holds better if you do that. I just don't bake it. Also i am from the states as a reenactor from New Jersey. Do you reenact. If so i can meet you at the next event and give you some advice. Its just really hard to explain in text because there are many different methods.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You want to fool collectors but it's not your intention ? Which is it.
    Anyway nice goal you have set yourself there , I'll make a mental note to myself and my friends not to assist you ever again.
    i meant that as in i want it to be good enough because no, i cant afford an incredibly expensive helmet and yes, i want to make it look as real as possible. i cant stand people who fake helmets and sell them as originals. ive been a member of this forum long enough that most of you should know that im a serious collector by now.

?

well, if you want a really good decal, you have to make it yourself.

that alone will be labor intensive, but possible. Be certain of your pattern, and align the screens properly. You will have several flubs
    to get it right, yet you can come across with a credible layered decal.

Now, comes next, the proper helmet....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2