Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Dagger Blade Restoration

Article about: by Wagriff Or some idiot kid Threw it at something... That too... My friend was in the 148th engineer corp. in WWII and he brought one back. One day c.1970s he found his nephew splitting boa

Default Re: SS Dagger Blade Restoration

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Or some idiot kid Threw it at something...
    That too... My friend was in the 148th engineer corp. in WWII and he brought one back. One day c.1970s he found his nephew splitting boards with it and a hammer... the kid was like 7 but ... He said he threw it out he was so pissed but I would have taken it still

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Blade Restoration
    P
    Many

?

There is a product called Flitz that will polish and remove the surface rust on the blade. It can be bought at any Home Depot or Lowes.

That tip is is just screaming to break off. It's bent almost 90 degrees. That would be a tough call to take a mallet to it even a rawhide mallet might snap it!!! It would be totally up to you on that one!!!!! So do you want a dagger with a bent tip or NO tip at all????
    Semper Fi
    Phil

The tip shall stay there... I just ordered some Flitz minutes ago, lol. I just read your recommendation in a previous thread

There is always the temptation to go a bit further when carrying out restoration work. The trick is knowing when to call it a day. Sometimes we get too confident in our ability, and end up causing further damage!

Leave it be Ben!!......now that you have it listed in the classifieds,,it should be sold as is. Leave the bending decision up to the next buyer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I got the Flitz and cleaned it up I will update the pictures in the classifieds asap
    Most of the rust came out but it left some pitting, It looks 100% better and is really shiny now. The pictures do not do it justice at all. It is hard to take pictures of a shiny object indoors...

What do you think?

Rear before and after
    SS Dagger Blade RestorationSS Dagger Blade Restoration

Front Engraving
    SS Dagger Blade RestorationSS Dagger Blade Restoration