Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tailors dummies?

Article about: Fantastic, I own a silver wound badge so I can use that one without having to add another item to the 'to buy' list. Thanks Ade!

?

Default Tailors dummies?

I've recently bought a Wermacht leather coat and a Waffenrock and I'll be needing a couple of tailors dummies type things to display them on; does anyone know a good site where they come cheap? Just something like this:

Thanks, Robbie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tailors dummies?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Tailors dummies?

I've just got myself a half mannequin today from a mate but in general they are becoming quite hard to get hold of mostly due to us collectors !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Very hard to find the right size. Almost all of my torsos are female ones and i cut the titties off
    I buy them from a local shop coz i couldn't find anything online. There are some sellers in ebay though, but they refused to ship to my country.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

After i modify them you can't tell that they are female torsos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tailors dummies?   Tailors dummies?  

Tailors dummies?  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

That's a good plan; I'll take note of that! And, I'll ask around at local shops, try to find out where I can get hold of a couple cheaply. I need my displays to be perfect!
    P.S. don kihotis, were those medals on that Waffenrock when you bought it?

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    After i modify them you can't tell that they are female torsos.
    But they have womens hips Kris!!! LOL. They look great and you would not notice if you had not said.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Excellent, thanks Ade; I think as my collection grows I'll splash out on higher quality dummies. As it is, I've just come across a fairly cheap one on eBay which looks similar... only problem is that there's only one and I need two, or my Wermacht coat will be forlorn on the floor :/
    P.S. is it taboo to put medals on tunics if the two weren't meant to go together, or is it a fairly widely done thing?

One of my firends converted a female torso. The funny thing was a very shocked neighbour came around while he was sawing off the breasts.... He told him it was a hobby of his.. I was crying with laughter.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If a tunic already has the loops, puting an awards back in place in fine. But adding loops to a tunic is not right.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast