Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tiger Headlight Restoration

Article about: Firstly, I received some bits from a destroyed Panzer front headlight.. Panzer Headlight & Parts Panzer Headlight cover Bosch Armoured glass Got them all together in a box... and sent th

Well done. The camo would not be for me but I can certainly appreciate the amount of work you have put in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tiger Headlight Restoration
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

Great rescue job a few more years in the ground and it would have been lost for ever.. I think the paint scheme blends the old with the new very well.

Mark.

Great save mate!!
    I have an old Notek light that I have been meaning to do a similar thing to...

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tiger Headlight Restoration   Tiger Headlight Restoration  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

CBH
    ?

A labor of love , great light .
    I love camo but I think I would have went with dark yellow (Dunkelgelb nach Muster)

After weeks of waiting and hoping to gets the different parts, I just wanted to get the Head light working again.

I was in contact with some interesting chaps, who had some great stories to tell.

It was really hard to get the Bosch glass, and I didn't think I'd ever get it to be honest, even Tigers in Museums don't have them.

Out of the blue, I received a E-Mail, do I still want a Bosch glass?

Erm, actually I do..

A chap had one, that he recovered from a swamp in the Ukraine and it was for sale!

He was just digging in a big swampy hole and found bits and pieces and out came the glass..

A week later it was in my possession.

nice work.

Sorry I agree with Glenn66 that the camp scheme is a bit bizarre, but hats off to the work you put in putting this bit back together again, you just need the rest of the Tiger now.

History bought back to life,I think that's really cool & what striking illumination for your display! Regards ,paul

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Sorry I agree with Glenn66 that the camp scheme is a bit bizarre, but hats off to the work you put in putting this bit back together again, you just need the rest of the Tiger now.
    It's just a spare of the moment three colour scheme, it looked too plain in it's overall sand colour..

When we had a good look at the damage to the headlight collar, there was bullet damage to it

The bullet is of a Russian type..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tiger Headlight Restoration   Tiger Headlight Restoration  

What an interesting and informative thread from start to finish on this step by step restoration ,Just fascinating and the end result and display looks superb ,Well done
    Cheers ,James

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast