Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Using the COLD

Article about: Just thought I'd post some advise to those of you in colder climates . I've had some moth concerns over the summer , and some one said to put your wool into the freezer . I'd need a very lar

CBH
    ?

Default Using the COLD

Just thought I'd post some advise to those of you in colder climates . I've had some moth concerns over the summer , and some one said to put your wool into the freezer . I'd need a very large freezer ! But living in Canada its a freezer outside , so I packed up most of my wool items and hung them in the barn . It was very cold -20 C without the wind chill , so I hope it will kill off any moth eggs that might be hiding in there . Every time I see a moth I think $ , so I hope this is useful to some of our Northern members .
    Cheers Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Using the COLD
    P
    Many

Default Re: Using the COLD

I read the most effective way is to subject the infested clothing to freezing temperatures for at least 72 hours, then back in to a warm room for a few hours and then back to sub zero. It's the sudden change in temperature that causes the eggs the most damage.

CBH
    ?

I'll have to try that , it's above zero today and I'm sure it will fall again . Next time its it's dropping I'll warm them up first . Thanks for the information .
    Cheers

I like this spot....For me moth can resist to cold. So I use Essence of serpollet. It's 20 € for a small bottle and after you put a little of essence in the furnitures and all is OK, they can't tolerate the odor!
    I use thise since 30 years

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the advise , I'll see if i can get my hands on some of that . Where would you buy it ? Health food store or something like that ?
    Thanks for your help .
    Cheers Chris