Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?

Article about: Hey there guys. I just bought this m40 helmet which is completely rusty and has a hole and a crack in it. But I am planning to repair it. I dont have it you so I dont have any foto's except

Default Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?

Hey there guys. I just bought this m40 helmet which is completely rusty and has a hole and a crack in it. But I am planning to repair it. I dont have it you so I dont have any foto's except the ones that were on ebay but I cannot download them. Here is the link to the helmet on ebay, as soon as I got the helmet here I will post pics if you guys want.
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/290846379486?...#ht_656wt_1397

So, do you guys have suggestions in what style I should repair it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?

I'd leave it as it is, it's a nice honest relic!...

Default Re: Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?

Hi

I agree. It looks good as it is.

Cameron

Pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?  Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions?  Want to repair m40 helmet, but in what style? any thoughts/suggestions? 

TY for posting the pics KradSpam.
    And maybe you guys are right and maybe I should keep it as it is. What do you think it's worth? I payd 30 euro's, and with the shipping it was 46 in total.

30 euros is an OK price for a relic like that!....

?

I had one almost the same like this. My uncle attached a long wooden stick to the helmet. For that the 2 holes.

People used the helmets to clean out their cesspools. :-)

K.

As Paul and Cameron posted, I would leave it as it is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Leave it. A good relic. Plenty of intact shells out there with no collector or relic value that can be restored.