Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What do you think?

Article about: Was wondering what you guys think i should do with this helmet, if i should remove the rust or leave it alone. I don't know if it all is rust because i never seen rust with rocks and mineral

yanks12025
    ?

Default What do you think?

Was wondering what you guys think i should do with this helmet, if i should remove the rust or leave it alone. I don't know if it all is rust because i never seen rust with rocks and minerals in it. And if i done restore it, i just want to remove some of it. It does not have to be all again because like most said it adds to the character and history of the item. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you think?   What do you think?  

What do you think?   What do you think?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: What do you think?

I think you'll can't restore the helmet to a good condition, you can just leave the helmet as is, the rust will be fall for over some time. I\am affraid that is under that rust you will find holes trough a helmet. Usually that kind of rust could be removed with a hammer, being beating for the most rusty places. But nothing to do unfortunately...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Default Re: What do you think?

Possibly the electrolytic cleaning method would work on this, however how this will effect the remaining paint work I don't know, you'd need to ask around on here with some of the people that use this process for the relics.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Members who have read this thread: 1