Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What a little scrubbing and scraping can do

Article about: Here I have a part I had been wondering about for a long time. It was recovered from a FW-190 A-3 crash site. At first it was considered to be a stove pipe due to the size and weight. So I l

Default What a little scrubbing and scraping can do

Here I have a part I had been wondering about for a long time.
    It was recovered from a FW-190 A-3 crash site.
    At first it was considered to be a stove pipe due to the size and weight. So I left it alone for some time, it was extremely rusty and once in a while I would pop by and flip some of the rust parts off the piece.
    Last week I bought some new steel brushes and decided to go to work on some aircraft parts. I also decided I would finally be done with that part since it had been driving me nuts for some time, and since it was slowly rusting away, I had to deal with it.

First I will start with a before picture:

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What a little scrubbing and scraping can do
    P
    Many

Default Re: What a little scrubbing and scraping can do

And the result:

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

And here we have it identified.
    Picture borrowed from PREST1:

Best Regards

Vegard T.

good effort on th scrubbing! Do you have any information on the plane at all??

Oh, I have a lot, when it was shot down, who the pilot was, what happened etc etc. Hopefully I will make a big thread about it later when I get some more parts cleaned up for display.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Good work Vegar!

Kpt NEMO
    ?

Hei kjære landsmenn. Ser du dere har skaffet dere noen fine betar . men les dette før dere henter flere.

EIENDOMSRETT: Alle tyske fly i Norge, ble etter krigen krigsbytte og norsk statseiendom.
    De forvaltes i dag av Forsvarsmuseet. Allierte og sovjetiske flyvrak eies fortsatt av de respektive stater, men norske myndigheter har i noen tilfeller søkt om å få beholde slike vrak, og disse forvaltes i dag av Forsvarsmuseet.
    Flyvrak fra krigen er statens eiendom, og de som ønsker å fjerne flydeler fra gamle krigsflyvrak må derfor søke Forsvarsmuseet, med en begrunnelse for hvorfor man vil fjerne dette fra funnstedet.

Vet ikke om dere/du var klar over dette. Men det jeg vil si er at vær så snill å la flyvrak å deler fra disse ligge slik at flere kan komme å se . for tar alle med seg en liten bit hver så ......... ja dere skjønner
    Kpt NEMO