Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

wood carving round 2

Article about: Hello Gent's, well i felt ambitious, and decided to challenge my self on my second wood carving project. i have an old break action shotgun that is worth about 50 bucks. so i decided it woul

?

Default Re: wood carving round 2

i have not done much with deer antler as far as carving. i have hollowd it out and married it to stone. i have made a few pipes for rondavue reenactors i know. some very plain, some more ornate like this snake. it is made of pipestone and deer antler. the snake took about 100 hours as i recall.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wood carving round 2   wood carving round 2  

wood carving round 2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wood carving round 2
    P
    Many

That is cool as heck man love it if you need some horn let me know. the wood fore grip Kinda looks like a Harrington & Richardson fore grip.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

H&R - one I forgot.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

hi Wolf,
    thanks. the shot gun is an old iver johnson sold under the name EXCEL through Sears or Wards back in the 50's. it is nickle plated. not sure if it was factory done, but i think i'll have it reverse plated and re blue it my self. i do like life like art, and i can only hope to get close. i agree the stock should be done in like fashion. i'm thinking ok only leaving the cheek rest un carved, and do the rest of the stock like the forearm, fully carved. may be a Eickhorn squirrel on the right side of the stock ? when i'm done it will be a good wall hanger at the least. my younger son use to shoot skeet with it. he was pretty good with it.

Nice work, Andrew

100 hrs!? No wonder kids don't have carving on their hobby list. My father was a tinkerer, woodworker, tv repair, radio repair, and inventor. Folks would just bring things to our home to have something built for it, in it, around it, or just have it fixed. My father did all of it, very intricate work like yours. Thanks for showing your nice work and jogging my memories of my dad. I miss him after all these years. I was 15 when he suddenly passed. Ok, I'll stop, your thread!!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Wow that goes way back have not seen a EXCEL around here for some time great ole break over you will make it look great.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

no problem Green. memories like that are a good thing. be proud of your dad and remember him well. i hope my kids do.
    andrew

I used to be pretty good a trap/skeet - 25 straight - in my teens.....

There is a lot for you to study from. Life/nature, West Coast aboriginal
    art and carving, other woodcarvers sculptures and carvings,
    scrimshaw, etc, etc.I guess there are books
    on the subject too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Andrew

It's that best way a son can honor his dad....think of him often and be proud of him! With your son shooting skeet, with you I presume, you have a lasting bond already.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Very nice for only your second go at carving Andrew!
    I have done a bit, but not much. Antler is harder to carve than wood, but there is always a dremel tool.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast