Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Repro Oakleaf Zeltbahns

Article about: Hi all, Repro zelts wanted, must be in usable condition! Johan.

Default Repro Oakleaf Zeltbahns

Hi all,
    Repro zelts wanted, must be in usable condition!
    Johan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Repro Oakleaf Zeltbahns
    P
    Many

Default Re: Repro Oakleaf Zeltbahns

Try Trident Militaria...they are in Pennsylvania, US. They have a wide and varied website with tons of camo from many nations. Go to Trident Military Camouflage, Uniforms, Badges, Medals, Boots, Patches andclick on WWII German. They have oakleaf zelts on sale for 49.00. Now, a caveat, their stuff is made in India, and like the Chinese made goods, when it comes to clothing, it is catch as catch can. Always order the largest size, and it may end up fitting! Plus, there seems to be an issue with damp shipping containers, for the two 4-pocket splinter coats, and water pattern winter suit I ordered had rusty buttons, and the splinter zelts had corroded aluminum buttons...with coincident whitish button rings on the fabric. PLUS...the threads were degraded by the oxidation, and pulled of easily. The quality of sewing on buttons on garments from Asia and East Asia is such that I remove them and resew them myself. PLUSSSSS...the zelts have a creosote smell. Maybe this is not in the"new stock", and only in the items on sale...don't know.
    So why do I bother?....1. I recreate historic garments( I've made smocks, trousers, and custom made enlisted mens shirts from Palm, Oak, Splinter-B, and 44 Dot...), and know the effort it takes to make this stuff, so if it is CHEAP and needs a bit of work, fine. 2. I am do not need the the hassle of sending it back when I can fix it and resell it. Besides, the guy running Trident are pretty cool, and have taken returns, but when you order clothing, they tend to send insignia with it, especially when they know what type of impression you are doing. My last order came with tabs, eagle, Gebirgs sleeve patch, and Gefreiter stripes.....pretty nice bonus. So I will keep doing business with them, for they try to be square with me. Check 'em out!

Default Re: Repro Oakleaf Zeltbahns

Thanks, will do!
    Johan.