MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Wanted: Seeking coinage of WWII Europe

Article about: Hello everyone. I just recently started creating a collection of coins from WWII Europe. I am starting pre war 30's to 46. I have been collecting coins for over twenty-five years and I have

Burn2619
    ?

Default Wanted: Seeking coinage of WWII Europe

Hello everyone. I just recently started creating a collection of coins from WWII Europe. I am starting pre war 30's to 46. I have been collecting coins for over twenty-five years and I have always been interested in WWI and WWII. I have a small collection of WWII memorabilia (mostly souvenirs brought back by family members after the war), but I wanted to create this war time coinage collection to sort of tell the story in numismatic terms. In this era of coinage base metals changed rapidly due to shortages, and errors in the coins themselves were more prevalent due to the lack of useable dies since these die materials were harder metals needed for the war effort. The same was true in the states, but we only had one countries coins around and not twenty different sets from various countries. Not to mention the camp money and other private tokens that made their way about.

Right now I'm looking for coinage from Germany, France (Vichy), Austria and Italy for years 1930-1946. I'm not looking for slabbed coins or any ultra rare stuff. I know many here are diggers and dig this stuff up all the time. I would like to see readable mint marks and dates at the least. Thanks for looking and let me know what you have... I'm not rich so don't tell me you have a coin for sell for 10K or some mess like that... please serious folks only.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Wanted: Seeking coinage of WWII Europe

I have a lot of German pre war & ww2 era coins, as far as others I will have to hunt them down, because I picked up different coins while I was stationed in Italy, but being in the navy, I even used to have Yugoslavian coins & items, was tin Europe from 1982-85, I am pretty sure I had some Spanish coins from the Franco era. will search later this morning, but all my German coins are in a big envelope I know exactly where they are, even have some old Imperial German coins. I don't have a 1945 though, but many different ones from 39 through 44. plus I am not asking a fortune for them. let me know if your interested, either pm , or email me, my email is - crazyhorse.simpson@gmail.com -i have different bill's too from many different countries, just don't know the dates right off. need to sell them to pay towards a German dress dagger.
    regards Marty

This stuff shows up all the time at the local bid board - usually fairly cheap. I can keep an eye out for you. Neil H.

Usually coin stores have a boat load of German coins, for a couple of dollars. Also try E-bay.

teresa
    ?

Have a coin but dont know what it is or its worth- maybe you will know
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wanted: Seeking coinage of WWII Europe   Wanted: Seeking coinage of WWII Europe  

Wanted: Seeking coinage of WWII Europe   Wanted: Seeking coinage of WWII Europe  

Teresa, that looks more like an award for pigeon racing than a coin. Could you possibly write what is written on the medallion? Pictures are not very clear. The one side says "For excellent performance" or something very similar.
    Tom