Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertisments

Article about: Thanks Dim!

Default Advertisments

All of a sudden, I'm seeing advertisments everywhere in the middle of posts. Some of them are inserted in the middle of text, mid sentence etc.. I haven't struck this before; it makes the forum a rather unpleasant experience.

Cheers, Willie.

If you join as a WRF gold club member you won't have any ads, it only costs $25 for a year and the money goes to the cost of running the forum. It's well worthwhile mate.

Quote by willie45 View Post
    All of a sudden, I'm seeing advertisments everywhere in the middle of posts. Some of them are inserted in the middle of text, mid sentence etc.. I haven't struck this before; it makes the forum a rather unpleasant experience.

Cheers, Willie.
    Willie, if you pay the very low membership fee you don't get the adverts.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I was just wondering why I haven't seen them before now. Do they give new members a short period of grace then hammer them with ads all of a sudden. There must be some reason why I haven't experienced this previous to tonight. The amount of ads I'm seeing makes the forum basically unuseable.
    Cheers, Willie.

Hi Willie, I agree, the adverts are horrible.

By being a Gold Club member you are supporting the forum, so no adverts.

People just don't realise the costs involved. Forums cost a huge amount of real money. We are talking a five figure sum here for the year.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

In the future i will be a member but because i am here for a short time first ii want to explore the forum to see if i want to stay standard protocol for me, but as far i can see its a nice forum with good members.
    I understand what willie45 is saying i understand the advertisment but maybe its better to place them below the topic text and not in the middle.
    Somethimes i can,t read a topic because its in the middle of the text .

With all due respects Ade, no-one is answering the question. I was asking why I haven't seen them before now.
    Is there a period of grace before the ads appear? I can understand why that would be the case, as the ads would drive away potential members. I'm not disputing the principle of gold membership; I think it's a good idea. I was going to join anyway before I had even seen an ad, and would gladly pay the money a few times over. But now I feel a bit like I'm being blackmailed. And I don't like that.

Cheers, Willie.

Simple answer, I don't know! LOL.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I wonder if it's some setting on my computer that prevented me from seeing them until now. The point I'm making is, do all new members see the ads from day one. I know I certainly didn't. Maybe the forum software displays the ads after a certain minimum number of posts.

Just as a side note, while I'm on the subject of software. I figured out why I couldn't initially upload images. I use Firefox browser with an add-on Flash blocker which I leave enabled all the time, and the photo uploading software needs Flash enabled. Turn off Flash block and it works. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone else has the same problem

Cheers, Willie.

?

I will sort that out.
    Quote by willie45 View Post
    With all due respects Ade, no-one is answering the question. I was asking why I haven't seen them before now.
    Is there a period of grace before the ads appear? I can understand why that would be the case, as the ads would drive away potential members. I'm not disputing the principle of gold membership; I think it's a good idea. I was going to join anyway before I had even seen an ad, and would gladly pay the money a few times over. But now I feel a bit like I'm being blackmailed. And I don't like that.

Cheers, Willie.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast