Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ART Section???

Article about: Ade, Dimas - What do you two think of Horst's and Kris's proposals? And about Nick's - Combining the trench art section with new sub-sections pertaining to additional "art" topics

Default Re: ART Section???

Ade, Dimas - What do you two think of Horst's and Kris's proposals? And about Nick's - Combining the trench art section with new sub-sections pertaining to additional "art" topics and naming it something like THIRD REICH ART

Some suggestions for subsections could be: Porcelain, Sculptures, Ornamentation, Architecture, and other art, etc & etc...

Horst, What do you think about Kris's proposal that you moderate it alone with his help on the sidelines?

Regards,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Richie - Sounds good to me - Did talk with Kris and he indicated as in his note above, that he would be glad to quarterback if the need arises.

Horst

Very well then Horst - That is good news. Many thanks to Kris BTW.

Lets wait to hear from Ade and Dimas first though...

Regards,
    Richie

Yes,

I think it could work out and pieces can be added as they hit collections and inquiry's made which could be good. And if we spread out pieces for view on a regular basis it will stay fresh and require not too much maintenance.

As far as the name it could be anything really but I would think something generic would be best as not everything is art, but I would prefer not to battle the forum on a keyword search for my own web site. But I would open the name up to be more versatile so that its not just 3rd Reich.

I will do my best if they go forward to assist in any way possible.

?

Kris - good point with the name as we all know there are great peices from the German imperial period etc so a more generic name would be appropriate -

Horst

OK then guys...

Why don't you come up with what you feel is an appropriate title for the main section and (if necessary) some subforum names?

If they meet Dimas' and Ade's approval, I can institute them immediatly.

Thanks again...

Richie

Maybe Misc. Art and Exotica??

The breakdown can start with Porcelain, Bronze/Metallic, Trench Art. Whatever you can think of really. Then as odd pieces come in you can always add if need be for sub categories. Most everything is glass, metal or wood.

Hi Guys, make it a whole new forum. Thanks for stepping up to moderate it guys.

Sorry for not replying earlier. The last two evenings our internet connection has been playing up

Cheers, Ade.

?

I think it should be kept basic and simple like
    "German Third Reich :Artwork & Decorators"
    although pretty generic it covers all angles i.e. Allach to beer steins, tench art to fine art, metal signs to metal busts,in other words "Keep it simple" no guess work here just straight forward.

Horst

How about: GERMAN THIRD REICH: ART - DECOR - EXOTICA?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast