Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Buying off the warrelics.eu

Article about: Hi, I was looking to buy off the classified section of this website. I was looking at the lions head sword that is listed. Are the items vetted before they are placed for sale on this site??

MAP
    ?

Whether officially vetted or not (in my view not), we all look at the classifieds sections so any bad items are typically found very quickly (as Ned showed)

But my main point is anyone selling an item should fully expect the item to be brought forth for discussion on the forum. We practice what we preach.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Whether officially vetted or not (in my view not), we all look at the classifieds sections so any bad items are typically found very quickly (as Ned showed)

But my main point is anyone selling an item should fully expect the item to be brought forth for discussion on the forum. We practice what we preach.
    It's the first time I've ever ratted someone out via the sales board I think, I'm never quick enough or just don't check the classie's anyway. The mention of a DKiS and DKiG kinda got my attention, but it was as they were being posted actually, and I kind of followed him around as he went on his merry way posting his turds for sale, lol. As they say around here in da 'Wood, "Up in the mornin', that's the game our kid!"
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The sales adds were removed by me as soon as I found out.
    I can only say what I have said before,

If you are interested in, or see something questionable, post it in the appropriate section for discussion or report the post and the Moderating team will respond. If posted in the appropriate section, it will be discussed and if found to be questionable or an outright fake, it will be removed. If you see something you are confident is fake in the originals section, do as Ned did, leave a comment to that affect on the sales add and hopefully, the Moderating team will deal with it before anybody purchases it.
    You can also bring up the points in question like how does the finish effect the value, etc.

We do our best to protect the members but we are not on here all of the time.

I had just noticed yesterday that the member in question had two profiles but the only threads were for a couple of daggers in the edged weapons section. I did not want to jump to conclusions, but he was in my sights. He had not posted anything for sale yet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As for the sword in question...I see nothing wrong with it. The details are sharp and right and, aside from the "dullness" which you noted it looks fine. The dullness, I suspect, is likely due to the gilt being absorbed by the metal.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I've been eager to buy off the classified section, yet I too have had my worries. What happens if I pay for an item and never receive it?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    I've been eager to buy off the classified section, yet I too have had my worries. What happens if I pay for an item and never receive it?
    Ralph reimburses you from his own pocket.

Allegedly.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Pay for it with PayPal. Do Not send the payment with the "Gift" option. Be sure to pay for and purchase postal Insurance. Just use your smarts and play it safe.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by big ned View Post
    Ralph reimburses you from his own pocket.

Allegedly.
    Not!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ned rips them a new one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Buying off the warrelics.eu
    This bloke will sort it for you!....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2