Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camera Phone Photos

Article about: There is a photography tips thread here which everyone is welcome to add to if they can?

Default Camera Phone Photos

Hello Gents and Ladies...lately throughout the WRF forum there have been many complaints from the members,,Mods, Admins and myself..concerning photo quality of recently uploaded photos from camera phones. The photos are either out of focus or blurred..which has been a huge complaint with many of the collectors trying to authenticate an artifact. I do not know the the technical specs on your phones to adjust this focus...But what is helpful..and this also applies to regular digital cameras....make sure the lens is clean from dust dirt and finger prints.
    The biggest problem mostly lays within the camera phone itself as the lens is very small and is easily thumbed up ,,touched or has pocket dust in residual areas. My advice for camera phones......use a Q Tip lightly dipped in rubbing alcohol...and if you are in a location where you need to take a quick pic of something that you seen..wipe it with a tissue or a clean part of your shirt...( this shirt procedure applies to men because we dont care about our shirts )
    At least with this step it is better than having nothing at all to clean the small type lens.
    Through out the WRF I have seen photos that looked like the lens could of used a good wiping...other times it could be essential to take the time once in awhile and clean the lens on your phone or digital camera.

Remember photos are everything on this forum and without them...we can not preserve history the way it needs to be kept.
    If there are any ideas in cleaning tips or procedures please post them..but this is a gentle reminder to double check that spur of the moment of a life time shot....which we hear all the time..........."Sorry for the crappy pics".
    Take the extra step as we all want to see what you have to share with this forum and help reveal some of the hidden things that the collecting community has not seen yet for the Third Reich Period. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Re: Camera Phone Photos

Larry,

Here is a thread I did on improving camera phone quality.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...budget-309052/

Hope this helps!

Yes Doug it does help..which is also great additional info. The is a great idea which these lens could fit into a small cloth satchel and kept in a shirt pocket. That was an awesome closeup of the EK
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I completely agree with all Larry has to say, pictures are key. Familiarise yourself with your mobile phone camera, learn the settings, practice with it - but this is only worth while if the phone is up to the job.

If you know your phone is ten years old and you refuse to update it because the new ones don't have buttons any more and keep repeating the 'if it 'aint broken, why fix it' line to justify it to yourself but really it's because you're secretly scared of a phone without buttons, get a small digital camera as part of your collecting 'gear'.

I bet it will take up less space in your pocket than your antiquated phone but it will take much better photos. I am constantly amazed at how people will spend hundreds, nay thousands on their collections yet are too tight to fork out less than a hundred ponds/dollars/euros for a reasonable camera!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I completly agree with the above!
    But understand that thise might happen, it happens to me very often; when on a flee market or a auction and you didn't bring your camera along!
    But i always tried to put descent pic's after getting the item.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

"Crap-in-crap-out" syndrome
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Following on with this thread , please whatever medium you use to take your photos please have the courtesy to post them the correct way up !! I'm really tired of seeing sideways photos where a crick in the neck is the reward for looking , i for one won't even bother to look or give an opinion to such photos !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

And PLEEEEEEESE crop them to the size of the object!

We don't want to see items balanced on various body parts where your tattoos are more interesting than a minuscule item that may or may not be a piece of militaria or it could be one of your piercings or taken against the background of your best chintz sofa or this months copy of 'Motorcycle Chicks'. (You know who you are.....).

Plain backgrounds, in focus, cropped down and the right way up are what we want to see!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A quick tip, If you take photos from an I phone,
    Turn the flash of, put the hdr option on.
    Improves the quality greatly.
    If you wait and let the camera focus on an object, the I phone is quite a good way to photo your items.

?

A few tips... Get your items out in daylight! Wait for the auto focus to be ready. If it's not focused DON'T take the pic anyway but back out a bit until your hear the "pling" or whatever sound Check your pics before posting. If unclear the pic is useless.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast