Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can a glass case hurt my stuff?

Article about: It's always nice to assist young collectors. No worries Aleks, and thank you for the kind words. PM received and they will be in the mail this week. Cheers Doug

Great thread Guys Cool militaria
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You'll only have trouble if Barney Gumble cant find anywhere else to rest his beer!!!!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Can a glass case hurt my stuff? 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Sorry I have to say ---- If you step on it with force Yes!!!

?

I don't think that the wooden case will harm any of your objects, especially if nothing inside is actually touching the wood. However, if you're concerned about it, then I recommend a switch to riker mount cases. They are inert, and the pressure of the glass against the medals or pins won't harm them in any way, assuming you don't put any additional weight on top. I use them for my small items, and I've been using them for years for other things as well.

Thanks guys

MAP
    ?

For what it is worth.....

- I keep all my items in a room that has room darkening shades, no direct or indirect sunlight. Only open the shades when I have company . Door is also always closed (to keep my kids and wife out )
    - All items with leather, paper and cloth are away from any heat source
    - All medals are in glass cases facing away from windows
    - Have hard foam insulation around the baseboard heaters to direct heat up and away from my barrister bookcases which house many of my items
    - Tempature in the room is also set a bit lower than the rest of the house.

Maybe overkill but don't want to loose all that $.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Keep them out of direct sunlight and your A O K. These wooden cases are much more elegant and durable than riker mounts, more versatile as you can wall mount them like a picture frame, more durable, and you can lock them to keep those curious prying fingers out of them.

Attachment 678775

Attachment 678776

Attachment 678777

Attachment 678778

Attachment 678779

Attachment 678780

Ive put my stuff back in the cases, what is a good temperature to be at. I keep it at 75/76 during the day and 72 at night.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast