Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can a glass case hurt my stuff?

Article about: It's always nice to assist young collectors. No worries Aleks, and thank you for the kind words. PM received and they will be in the mail this week. Cheers Doug

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chrisk View Post
    Ive put my stuff back in the cases, what is a good temperature to be at. I keep it at 75/76 during the day and 72 at night.
    I keep mine cooler if I can but guess it depends where you live. We have cool winters and hot summers. I try to keep at 65 to 68 but will change if there is someone here who knows better.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks great! Just ditch the styrofoam head and get some of the base legs for the cases to display them upright.
    In my post above you can see them in the Weber SS Reiterschule cuff title and this old pic of a partial FJ insignia group.

Attachment 678845

Quote by DougB View Post
    Looks great! Just ditch the styrofoam head and get some of the base legs for the cases to display them upright.
    In my post above you can see them in the Weber SS Reiterschule cuff title and this old pic of a partial FJ insignia group.

Attachment 678845
    Looks great Doug! May I ask where you got the vitrine from?

?

Hi Aleks, I am afraid I do not know what a "vitrine" is? When I Google the word it comes up Glass Case. Is that correct? If so the wooden cases I buy come from Ruddles Mills. They set up at every SOS (at least the ones I've been to) and they are great and are not that expensive for what you get. Ruddles Mills Products

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Aleks, I am afraid I do not know what a "vitrine" is? When I Google the word it comes up Glass Case. Is that correct? If so the wooden cases I buy come from Ruddles Mills. They set up at every SOS (at least the ones I've been to) and they are great and are not that expensive for what you get. Ruddles Mills Products
    Sorry for that Doug, wrong word lol.

Thank you! They are very nice and I'd love if someome sold them here in the wilderness. I've gotten Riker displays, but to my knowledge, the only supplier here has ran out of them and there is no evidence of them coming back. I need to start making my own or something .

?

Hi Aleks, I have a bunch of surplus medium sized never used brand new Riker mounts which I will never use. If you PM me your address I will mail you a bunch if you like.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Aleks, I have a bunch of surplus medium sized never used brand new Riker mounts which I will never use. If you PM me your address I will mail you a bunch if you like.
    Hey Doug,

That would be extremely kind of you! Would the shipping prices to Europe be trough the roof?

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Hey Doug,

That would be extremely kind of you! Would the shipping prices to Europe be trough the roof?
    Hi Aleks

I will send them to you via Canada Post so shouldn't be too bad, but don't worry about it, I'll cover the mailing cost.

Cheers
    Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Aleks

I will send them to you via Canada Post so shouldn't be too bad, but don't worry about it, I'll cover the mailing cost.

Cheers
    Doug
    You are so kind Doug, thank you so much!

I'm so happy that the forum has A+ collectors and gentlemen like you!

doug can i just say that is a really kind gesture
    Regards James

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast