Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cannot use pics from ebay on this forum?

Article about: hi guys i can no longer upload pics of items for sale on ebay?as im on google chrome,the upload that is saved from ebay to my downloads on my laptop appears as HTM document.when i use the up

Default Cannot use pics from ebay on this forum?

hi guys i can no longer upload pics of items for sale on ebay?as im on google chrome,the upload that is saved from ebay to my downloads on my laptop appears as HTM document.when i use the upload manager nothing happens,hence is the problem because google chrome HTM files are not reconized by the uploader,iv'e tried it without the manager uploader too and this doesnot make a differance either,i love the forum but if i cant get opinions on here with regards to ebay purchases,then is there any point to membership on this site,this problem started weeks ago,but i have started a few threads with ebay pics and this was not a problem then,but now it is and do not understand whats changed,very frustrating times,any idea's people please,dave.

Default Re: Cannot use pics from ebay on this forum?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    hi guys i can no longer upload pics of items for sale on ebay?as im on google chrome,the upload that is saved from ebay to my downloads on my laptop appears as HTM document.when i use the upload manager nothing happens,hence is the problem because google chrome HTM files are not reconized by the uploader,iv'e tried it without the manager uploader too and this doesnot make a differance either,i love the forum but if i cant get opinions on here with regards to ebay purchases,then is there any point to membership on this site,this problem started weeks ago,but i have started a few threads with ebay pics and this was not a problem then,but now it is and do not understand whats changed,very frustrating times,any idea's people please,dave.
    I use old time internet explorer just for this purpose and have had this problem ever since shifting to chrome which I use for everything else, though I have no idea why this has changed for you so recently.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

When you are looking at the Ebay photos there are one or two option zoom and Enlarge I find if I use the Enlarge option and save the photos one at a time to my pictures I can then transfer them to the forum when I need them.

Regards Mark K

mpw
    ?

I also use google chrome and am having the same problem as Dave. I have also tried uploading the expanded pictures as Mark K suggests with the same problem. This has only been a recent thing since the site upgrades. Very frustrating.

Regards, Mark.

I uploaded pics from ebay and then posted them here about ten minutes back by using Internet Explorer to copy them by expanding them, right clicking and saving as and then using Chrome to post them.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 07-01-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks guys and what mark has said is what i forgot to mention this has only been since the site was offline the other week for upgrading?i will try what mark k said that makes sense because on ebay the smaller pics are tied in with the first and largest one,so when transfering over your not just taking one pic your taking the whole ebay chrome file hence why when i try to upload with the manager it cannot seperate multi-pics,as iv'e been trying to upload the entire file,should have thought of this in the first place but thanks guys for your input and jogging my brain cells will try now and let you all know weather my mission has been a success,cheers dave.

?

Hey guys, just take a picture of the picture, easy peezy. On a MAC hold down: command, shift, and the 4 key all at once and you get a little crosshairs icon, then you can stretch it to encompass what you want to take a pic of. Not sure how to do that on PC, but if sure if you googled "image capture, PC", you could find something.
    Best,
    Eddie

on a PC it is 'print screen', which essentially is the same as right click and 'copy'. Go to paint and 'paste', you will have a complete screen shot of whatever you were viewing.

update just started a new thread from a pic on ebay so yes it worked but not for every item,as stated switched back to internet explorer onto ebay right click on pic(some pics wouldn't enlarge)could only save as NOT COPY that un-functional,then upload via manager onto thread,at least its something,better than nothing,will keep at it,cheers once again dave.

You can't 'copy' a pic, but the print screen function behaves as if you are by attaching the screen capture to the 'clipboard'.

Try this, in Chrome enlarge the pic in ebay, then right click on the enlarged photo and click 'view page source'. In the page that appears you will see text and links, one of the links will end in .JPG or .jpeg etc, click this and it will take you to the picture which you will be able to 'save as', as normal. It's easier and faster than it sounds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast