Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need like button?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 92.07%
  • No

13 7.93%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Do we need " likes" system?

Article about: Just want to post a poll if need it again- then it will be specially programmed

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    It may sound selfish but "likes" give me a feeling that what I post is valued and appreciated. And as someone said in another thread, likes are a good way of showing appreciation for something when one may not be qualified or educated enough to comment on an item. I hope the likes can be restored.
    Agree with the above.

I'm loving this forum but do rarely have the skills or knowledge to provide usefull feedback so it's a way for me to show appreciation. Further, it shows me if what I am posting is providing enjoyment to others or its a dud.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As far as it goes, when I put myself out with, say, fifteen minutes or twenty minutes of research, posting, text, pp. then I do appreciate that someone is gratified by my effort.
    I deplore the sophomoric misuse of such things in the wider world, but the feature here has encouraged me to work harder for the benefit of others.
    And, it allows me to see who also is of a like mind as concerns the fundamental principles of this site versus the lynch mob dynamic that attends to the thumbs up and thumbs down thingy with the lords of the flies.
    I am very much a 20th century man, mind you, raised in children's television. I am not a big data person, at all, and do not understand such a thing at all.
    We could also import canned laughter and Vaudeville routines, too, now that I think of it.
    I rather see my role here in the custom and heritage of Vaudeville and variety shows in Vienna of the fin de siecle. Do we need " likes" system?Do we need " likes" system?Do we need " likes" system?

- - ------- - -

I appreciate how much effort has gone into this site by a handful of very fine personages, and I salute them.

I would appreciate having the "likes" back and have thus voted "yes".

Apart from that, what I said over here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...ml#post1198973

?

So, seems it will be back, a little bit upgraded with some new features
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    So, seems it will be back, a little bit upgraded with some new features
    Sounds good Dimas and thank you once again for all your hard work. I am sure it takes many long hours to keep a site like this up and running. Leon.

Whilst we are here, I notice that 24 members have voted, but it says at the bottom of the thread that only 13 have read the thread, so how does that work? I have noticed similar oddities or discrepancies in the numbers previously.

Voters,
    brataccas,
    davejb,
    Dom,
    DrPMC,
    Erno,
    FALLSCHIRMJAGER,
    Friedrich-Berthold,
    Gunny Hartmann,
    helmetone,
    HJ-Collector,
    HPL2008,
    lew07,
    mauser98k,
    mpw,
    Panzer trooper,
    seandm,
    seventyeighth,
    SteveR,
    Tinhat
    Dimas,
    James C,
    Patrick Lewis,
    StefanM,
    zwerge
    Larry C ...just added mine
    Viewers

Dimas,
    SteveR,
    HD1450,
    Anon,
    mlk4114,
    lew07,
    Eric Zentner*,
    James C,
    brataccas,
    meyle77,
    matthew,
    Gunny Hartmann,
    Erno
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-21-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I like them. But do we need them? Not really.

I just think it's a nice feature.

I have really missed giving and receiving them so a yes from me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

has to be a yes from me as well. When I read a thread i dont really want to wade through all the posts that say, I agree, thumbs up etc a like function shows that you approve without using up bandwidth and allows posts to remain pertinent to the thread

I think the ability to 'like' a posting should be retained. Although I read many postings, I do not always leave any comments. And if I am unable to 'like' the posting the person who took the effort to make it will be unaware that I - or anyone else for that matter, appreciated the time they spent to make the posting.

Please Do bring the like back!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast