Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need like button?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 92.07%
  • No

13 7.93%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Do we need " likes" system?

Article about: Just want to post a poll if need it again- then it will be specially programmed

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I think the ability to 'like' a posting should be retained. Although I read many postings, I do not always leave any comments. And if I am unable to 'like' the posting the person who took the effort to make it will be unaware that I - or anyone else for that matter, appreciated the time they spent to make the posting.

Please Do bring the like back!
    Well said.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Whilst we are here, I notice that 24 members have voted, but it says at the bottom of the thread that only 13 have read the thread, so how does that work? I have noticed similar oddities or discrepancies in the numbers previously.

Voters,
    brataccas,
    davejb,
    Dom,
    DrPMC,
    Erno,
    FALLSCHIRMJAGER,
    Friedrich-Berthold,
    Gunny Hartmann,
    helmetone,
    HJ-Collector,
    HPL2008,
    lew07,
    mauser98k,
    mpw,
    Panzer trooper,
    seandm,
    seventyeighth,
    SteveR,
    Tinhat
    Dimas,
    James C,
    Patrick Lewis,
    StefanM,
    zwerge

Viewers

Dimas,
    SteveR,
    HD1450,
    Anon,
    mlk4114,
    lew07,
    Eric Zentner*,
    James C,
    brataccas,
    meyle77,
    matthew,
    Gunny Hartmann,
    Erno
    Odd. I'm missing from the list. Guess I'm not "liked"

Correction: what a fool I am. I commented but never voted!!! Since corrected. That's what you get viewing from a tiny cell phone and not wearing you reading glasses
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with Gunny, leon, Harry, todd that it is a way of expressive acknowledgment of a post and that ours in turn has been appreciated.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Like the "likes"

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I think the ability to 'like' a posting should be retained. Although I read many postings, I do not always leave any comments. And if I am unable to 'like' the posting the person who took the effort to make it will be unaware that I - or anyone else for that matter, appreciated the time they spent to make the posting.

Please Do bring the like back!
    I agree 100% ! It is a good idear to be able to give likes and it is nice to recieve them aswell :-)
    MFG
    Marc

My humble opinion is that the "Likes" system is the ideal oportunity for someone who has read a comment and enjoyed it but has nothing to add but who is willing or wants to show his appreciation of the time and effort that has gone into the thread or comment. Further, it tells the post originator that his/her fellow enthusiasts are both reading, enjoying and supporting the effort. Personnaly speaking, to get the odd "like" is to me tantamount to my little dog getting a pat on the head for effort!! She liked it and I still do. Please retain the "Likes". To remove it will, I feel, undermine members willingness to participate in threads and could therefore damage the whole furum system. To tick the "like" box is in itself a form of direct communication between members without the need to, metaphorically, put pen to paper??
    Hope that this makes sense?? Cheers Michael Ryan

PS, Prior to finding this thread, having been out of circulation for a couple of weeks, I read several posts, some of which I wished to show my appreciation of. However, I could not find the likes box, so took no further action. A shame because I "LIKED" what I had read and viewed!!!!!
    Cheers again MR

?

I find it encouraging having a lot of likes after a post, so a big Yes

A big yes from me for the same reasons given.

I would like to see the likes come back!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast