Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need like button?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 92.07%
  • No

13 7.93%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Do we need " likes" system?

Article about: Just want to post a poll if need it again- then it will be specially programmed

I also like the ability to like something.... As stated by Harry sometimes someone likes what they read or see but really just wants to post a like....nice feature....

Greetings all,

Frankly, I would rather receive a "like" than some "awesome item" comment posted on my own threads. For all the members that believe by posting a platitude they have shown "real interest & effort by taking the time to post" versus utilizing the too-easy "like" feature; I'd spin it the other way around and present the view that (I think) many forum members are just building up their own post's counts instead of showing anything approaching selfless appreciation for the items posted.

I completely understand short posts when the commentary/reply is in response to a question (i.e. "is it real or fake?"), but if it is simply in reply to a share... kindly relegate your post building efforts' onto your own original threads and simply tap the "like" feature on mine (I'll do the same for you, I gave out far more likes than I ever received). I assure you, "likes" are far more appreciated (by the original poster) than some oft repeated "online hug" commentary (or at least do both, if you truly can't help yourself from posting). I do not view "likes" as a cop-out, I view them an unselfish means of interaction. So, um yeah... me likey the egalitarian "like" feature, far more than the selfish post building platitudes of the "mooing" herd. My final thought, if one regularly posted original content (instead of frequent commentary/hugs), one would probably possess far more appreciation for the "likes" feature then they otherwise would.

Moo! (that's my other cow's impression).

Lance

Frankly, it would save alot of the much-coveted bandwidth to have the likes feature returned. If it isn't, the effort, as said, spent posting something informative and interesting for everyone will simply lie flat and you won't know if it was of any use or interest to anyone, unless they type out each and every comment. Something alot of people would not be willing to do. And, yes...to end a "long-winded post", I did vote in favor of it being returned.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice Lance.....!

I must say that I do like the 'Like' feature.

Perhaps there should also be an
    'Agree' button.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice Lance.....!

I must say that I do like the 'Like' feature.

Perhaps there should also be an
    'Agree' button.........?
    Brilliant Steve, now that is an excellent idea

Regards,

Lance

I have not decided one way or the other due to the fact that this could cost the forum extra expense and much time for Dimas.
    If it dose not cost a lot of money or time I am all for it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I also voted yes. When someone have done a lot of effort and shared their knowledge I do prefer to give them a like then any random comment. Comments are great too but like others already said, when you don´t have anything to contribute with the "like" is great! And thanks to Dimas for his great work and for bringing back the likes soon

Not that my opinion counts all that much but, I vote yes for the likes back.

?

I would like to see the like button back in some way or form as well please.
    I use it at times to show my appreciation for a post and or particular item that has been shown that has already been commented on but would like to show my support in some small way and let the poster know that what he has shown and or commented on is appreciated.

Regards Mark

?

I also agree that if it's not too difficult or cost prohibitive, I would welcome back the "Likes" feature.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast