Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need like button?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 92.07%
  • No

13 7.93%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Do we need " likes" system?

Article about: Just want to post a poll if need it again- then it will be specially programmed

Of course, Yes!
    Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi krabbekrout, May I say respectfully, that your opinion does count and is as valuable to a fair and balanced Formum like ours, as anyone elses regardless of seniority or any othe measure you may have in mind!!!! And, yes, I agree with you!!
    Best wishes Michael R
    I'll second that!....

CBH
    ?

What's not to like about Likes ?

PS I should have my name in Pink , I paid up yesterday

?

"It may sound selfish but "likes" give me a feeling that what I post is valued and appreciated. And as someone said in another thread, likes are a good way of showing appreciation for something when one may not be qualified or educated enough to comment on an item. I hope the likes can be restored."

I could not have said it any better than helmetone, and for the above reasons I vote Yes keep the like option Please.

DRK
    ?

I agree with my collector friends , PLEASE bring back the likes !!

Theo

Quote by militariaone View Post

Greetings all,

Frankly, I would rather receive a "like" than some "awesome item" comment posted on my own threads. For all the members that believe by posting a platitude they have shown "real interest & effort by taking the time to post" versus utilizing the too-easy "like" feature; I'd spin it the other way around and present the view that (I think) many forum members are just building up their own post's counts instead of showing anything approaching selfless appreciation for the items posted.

I completely understand short posts when the commentary/reply is in response to a question (i.e. "is it real or fake?"), but if it is simply in reply to a share... kindly relegate your post building efforts' onto your own original threads and simply tap the "like" feature on mine (I'll do the same for you, I gave out far more likes than I ever received). I assure you, "likes" are far more appreciated (by the original poster) than some oft repeated "online hug" commentary (or at least do both, if you truly can't help yourself from posting). I do not view "likes" as a cop-out, I view them an unselfish means of interaction. So, um yeah... me likey the egalitarian "like" feature, far more than the selfish post building platitudes of the "mooing" herd. My final thought, if one regularly posted original content (instead of frequent commentary/hugs), one would probably possess far more appreciation for the "likes" feature then they otherwise would.

Moo! (that's my other cow's impression).

Lance
    hello lance ,ill take it that your comments are in relation to my thoughts on the like function ,perhaps some people apart from building up there post counts are in it just to show how many green thingies they have on there profile of course which is linked to the amount of likes recieved ,a lot of people do like building up there post counts with quick texting style comments ,im all for good quality comments not quantity on advice on items i purchase and also view here after all its a learning curve for all ,so would i prefer one valuble comment over 20 likes ,then the answer would be yes ,im not knocking the likes fuction and will go with the majority on this one and once reinstated will use it perhaps hand in hand with a comment ,on a side note dimas perhaps a dislike function would also be beneficial too
    Regards James

yes please

?

Yes I did like the likes too. It is nice to come on to the forum & see some likes!!. So I would like them to come back.. Thanks for your time ... cheers Terry.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I have really missed giving and receiving them so a yes from me

Nick
    As the saying goes, Nick "it's always better to give than to receive"!

Thumbs up

I like the 'likes' here because they give me a good idea of what other members like to see on the forum. It's also a way of showing courtesy if - as so often happens here - people are helpful.

I will certainly miss them if they can't be reinstated.......

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast