Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need like button?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 92.07%
  • No

13 7.93%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Do we need " likes" system?

Article about: Just want to post a poll if need it again- then it will be specially programmed

If I'm recalling right, the green lights beneath your name are from Reputation Points rather than from accumulated Likes.....2 different critters....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I like the "LIKE" system as well, I also read a lot of posts I'd like to "LIKE" in this thread but, alas, I couldn't

Receiving a "LIKE" is definitely a great incentive to continue on contributing and building this site, in my opinion. Love giving 'em --- love receiving 'em... as I understand it they are indeed coming back now (?) and I'm glad. I don't always feel I have much of actual substance to add to every thread I read as this field is so diverse and all over the place (in a good way) but each and every time I'm on here I see something that I appreciate which usually leads me to hit the "LIKE" button in order to show my appreciation. This system removes the need for hundreds of repeated "Thanks for sharing" and " I like" posts. Makes threads tidier, more concise and even more enjoyable to read.

In short; I LIKE.

also I think it gives a sense of togetherness.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If I'm recalling right, the green lights beneath your name are from Reputation Points rather than from accumulated Likes.....2 different critters....
    william i stand corrected
    Regards James

RZM
    ?

I agree with the general consensus here. The "Likes" I get on a post makes me feel good that people are actually taking the time to read and appreciate my post. Likewise, I like "liking" a post to let people know that I found it interesting, informative or just plain awesome!

I would also like to see the "Likes" return as it gives me the chance to thank the poster without cluttering up the thread.

Dimas has worked hard on this problem. He has purchased a new set of software to enable a new likes system to be installed. Once it is up and running you will see it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Dimas has worked hard on this problem. He has purchased a new set of software to enable a new likes system to be installed. Once it is up and running you will see it.

Cheers, Ade.

Sorry couldn't resist
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

...and maybe the 29 "white" members (to date)1 who voted "Yes" for adding the "Like" feature would now also "Like" to go "pink" to help pay for the feature they liked!

1 ....make that 35 now.
    Last edited by StefanM; 05-23-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Updated: the work in progress

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast