Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need like button?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 92.07%
  • No

13 7.93%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Do we need " likes" system?

Article about: Just want to post a poll if need it again- then it will be specially programmed

?

I am not quite sure if I have got your point Larry.. Are you defending the dislikes option? If so, I think I understand what you mean, But in practice I can't see it working like that. I think it is a completely unnecessary feature to add and if it is a case of having to now have dislikes as well as likes, Well I would say I would do a U turn and do with out likes period. I can see past myself but it would still irritate me to an extent to see people disliking my posts as I would never feel the need to go to the extent of hitting a dislike button if I didn't like something someone else posted. Each to their own and I think this will only serve to cause anxiety & conflict on the forum regardless of how it is intended to used. Cheers, Sean.

?

Imo if you dislike something about a post or thread and or an item that has been shown and you make the choice to use the dislike button you better be fully prepared to back up why you chose to go down that road as it were with an explanation.

Regards Mark

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The Like system..should be used in support mainly of the artifact..or the information posted. Any other use opposite of what it is intended for ie: pettiness drama.. dissention..envy..strife etc... GO SOME PLACE ELSE !! The correct use of the "Like" system is for people who can get past themselves.and be open minded of the topic or artifact. Disagreements are a part of growth..and learning as long as it remains constructive.
    The only people mad at you for speaking the truth are those living a lie...if you cant take a punch...then you dont belong here. This is not a soap opera..and the WRF is exactly what other sites are not. The Like system should be used as a tool..of support only.
    My main point is that the like system not be used as a weapon. If you dislike something..that is fine..cant like everything we see here..and its a matter of opinion. Mark summed it up....which also should be used to initiate a discussion..of the reason why.

If there is a system I abhor....that is worse then the like system..is posts from members that say.. "Its junk or fake.. trash..no good thumbsdown...with no explanation or a supportive reason. Answers like these helps no one..the Like option is there..if one agrees with anothers thoughts. Then there is the option just like a TV channel..you dont have to watch it...and in the instance if Dimas work here..one does not also have to use it either. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I would give you a like if I could Larry.

Regards Mark

?

Yeah fair points there Mark & Larry, I do certainly agree Mark that if people use them, They need to back them up with a reason and as Larry says not used as a weapon, It is also more than a valid point about people giving one word reply's with no explanation. It will be interesting to see how it works! Cheers, Sean.

Personally, I liked the "Like Feature" the way it was originally, as I don't believe in fixing things that aren't broken...However, I still look forward to the new system's activation to see how it works out. I have a suspicion that the new system may keep moderators quite busy sorting things out...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

Default Likes etc

Hi, I agree with Glen, I liked the Likes as it was, why can't we just go back it and then carry on with answering members questions like mine two below" why is there no Acorns on that Obergruppenfurher collar tab????
    Regards SK

?

All will be tuned up, when ready to use. Dislikes could be removed if not accepeted by our community
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I agree with the many others list members who have said that 'dislikes' are not a desirable innovation. They will be open to gross misuse and wide misunderstanding. There are already plenty of ways for people to become unhappy or angry without adding to them. In any case, we already have a suitable 'dislike' system - anyone who is moved to do so, can add a reply to a thread, saying what they dislike and why.

The original simple 'likes' system was fit for purpose and, if it is technically and financially possible, should be brought back.

Regards, Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I agree with the many others list members who have said that 'dislikes' are not a desirable innovation. They will be open to gross misuse and wide misunderstanding. There are already plenty of ways for people to become unhappy or angry without adding to them. In any case, we already have a suitable 'dislike' system - anyone who is moved to do so, can add a reply to a thread, saying what they dislike and why.

The original simple 'likes' system was fit for purpose and, if it is technically and financially possible, should be brought back.

Regards, Philip
    I second that! ...... otherwise one could 'dislike' the previous poster and not the item in question and away the snowball rolls......
    Then one may question just how many 'dislikes' constitute an infraction, that sort of thing....

"Extend the positive, not the negative" is a management term I learnt long ago when dealing with a collective - and we ARE a collective!

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast