Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Are donations tax deductible?

Article about: Forum Team: Please add to the donation area an explicit statement whether donations are or are not tax deductible. If they are deductible, please email a receipt to the donor that includes t

skrala
    ?

Question Are donations tax deductible?

Forum Team:

Please add to the donation area an explicit statement whether donations are or are not tax deductible.

If they are deductible, please email a receipt to the donor that includes the Charitable ID of the organization. "Thank you for your tax deductible donation to ..."

If they're not tax deductible the confirmation should say something like: "Your donation is very important to us, but it is not tax deductible."

Thanks!

Default Re: Are donations tax deductible?

This question has never cropped up before. It has never even crossed my mind to be honest.

Sadly the forum is not a charitable organisation.

Also the forum is truly International in nature and is not American, so what might be allowed in one country for Tax purposes, may well not be allowed in another.

But all donations, however small, are VERY welcome and are really appreciated! The forum is non profit making organisation.

Cheers, Ade.

???
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Kris, I will try and explain.

In some countries, if you donate money to a charity, the amount you donate can be taken from your earnings before you pay Income Tax. So, say you earn $100 in a year, but give away $20, the Govt will only make you pay Income tax on the $80 you have left.

Cheers, Ade.

Well, this is definitely a first for me...never heard that before. I look at donating here as more of a "thanks" and an offering support to something that I learn a lot from. The knowledge I gain far exceeds any "tax benefits"...but that is just my opinion/perception.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Excellent point Ade. The forum is an international site. Tax deductible ??

One thing you must understand about us San Franciscan's is that we live within a city that act's like it's own independent state. We have a variety of people from different cultures and they really don't know what they are talking about a majority of the time. So if i seem off the wall at times it's because i'm from San Francisco

rgds, Ty

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Excellent point Ade. The forum is an international site. Tax deductible ??

One thing you must understand about us San Franciscan's is that we live within a city that act's like it's own independent state. We have a variety of people from different cultures and they really don't know what they are talking about a majority of the time. So if i seem off the wall at times it's because i'm from San Francisco

rgds, Ty
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Well, this is definitely a first for me...never heard that before. I look at donating here as more of a "thanks" and an offering support to something that I learn a lot from. The knowledge I gain far exceeds any "tax benefits"...but that is just my opinion/perception.
    steve i second that i could not have said it better myself