Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Do we need ebay feeds at WRF?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

45 53.57%
  • No

29 34.52%
  • I'am not sure

10 11.90%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ebay auctions as a forum threads

Article about: In the nearest future there will be subforums for the other militaria too, helmets is just a experiment

?

Default Ebay auctions as a forum threads

Dear WRF member we are pronouncing new sub forum which is dedicated to the items just placed as auctions on the famous EBAY auction site.
    It is fully automated with preferable search words. The sub forum is just being build and we would like to know your opinion about that. It is located below all the forums or you can just visit it by following >>> this link
    If you'll find something interesting, you can just copy the subject to move it for appropriate forum for discussion. The forum is under construction and must be filled with content very soon. Any sugestions are welcomePlease add your opinion being vote in the poll
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Default Re: Ebay auctions as a forum threads

sounds good mate!
    ~ Cheers,Dean.

?

Is this sub forum somebody checking out e bay auctions and selecting what could be authentic? Or just a listing of what is on e bay.

If it is someone selecting possible good deals and authentic helmets I am all for it, at least it us a form of protection for the un wary

Hi, no these are not "vetted" in any way. That is what the forum is for.

This is a revenue stream for the forum, providing it works OK. We bottom line is we need money to keep running. This is an option we are exploring.

Cheers, Ade.

?

All the forum links to amazon.com and ebay is making profit for the forum, as we are running as a absolutely free educational source we need monetizing, our server is dedicated and it costs a lot of money if we collecting all the fees, as the we are all enthusiasts- the server isn't and that is required some of the additional advertisements
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I think it's a good idea if it can help support the forum. For a free forum, it's an amazing resource, easily the most knowledgable and helpful/polite one that I've seen on the internet. I feel bad that we(myself included) haven't been able to get close to the needed donations for this forum. I end up checking this website, and then Ebay back and forth usually quite often, so, it seems natural to me. Thanks to all the mods and volunteers for keeping this site running!

If it brings in money to keep the forum open then its a no brainer!
    Ben

I agree with Ben, if it helps the forum, "no brainer!"

Jay

Im with ben and jay.

If it helps the Forum all well and good.

Against - new posts take longer to get through and as I can't buy what I want from eBay (ie swords, knives and bayonets) then it has zero relevance to me.

Regards

Richie

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast