Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ebay feeds in What's New

Article about: Hello, When I open the forum I always click on What's New and the last few days there have been pages and pages of German ebay ads from Admin. Yesterday 12 pages and 15 today. Is it only me

?

Default Ebay feeds in What's New

Hello,

When I open the forum I always click on What's New and the last few days there have been pages and pages of German ebay ads from Admin. Yesterday 12 pages and 15 today.

Is it only me seeing these or are others having the same issue? Can anything be done about it or is it something I have to try and live with?

Tony

I don't know about the whats new section, but there have been links to ebay on the "forum threads" section for ages!..

Check this thread out, it tells you how to kill them. I used it yesterday as the damn things were running at around 8 to 1 for actual threads posted. Don't forget to keep the Ctrl key depressed whilst making your selections.

Exclude forums for clean look

Calm has now returned to the temple of Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned.

It's just weird that it only started a few days ago and yes, it's a nightmare going through to find the actual threads.

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    Thanks Ned.

It's just weird that it only started a few days ago and yes, it's a nightmare going through to find the actual threads.

Tony
    Perhaps not so weird if money may be involved....It would be interesting to know what has suddenly caused this spate of Ebay ad's, especially as they have been widely slated here since time immemorial as being a nest of fakes and licence to steal money. I wonder if each advert has been vetted by anyone here first before being allowed on the forum???

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The ebay ads are computer selected, not quite sure how it is done and I assume it provides an income for the forum.

One way to avoid this is to not click on the whats new button perhaps. I tend to scroll down and look at the forums that interest me and see if anything new seems to show up, though I tend on most occasions to not look in many of the forum sections these days and most of the time only look in those areas in which I actively collect. Sorry Russian collectors!!!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I'm with Jerry on this, I never click on whats new. I just open up the 50 latest posts and select which ones interest me or have posts by members I value/respect.

?

OK, I'll give scrolling a go first.

Thanks
    Tony

Yes they are somewhat irritating!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Ned What did you click on when scrolling ? I cant see anything relating to those pesky ebay post!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast