Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ebay feeds in What's New

Article about: Hello, When I open the forum I always click on What's New and the last few days there have been pages and pages of German ebay ads from Admin. Yesterday 12 pages and 15 today. Is it only me

Found a way around it!

Click on 'Forum' then 'New Posts' and you get exactly the same as clicking on 'Whats New' but with no rubbish !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Found a way around it!

Click on 'Forum' then 'New Posts' and you get exactly the same as clicking on 'Whats New' but with no rubbish !!

Nick
    I always use the 'What's New?' option, it suits me as it's quick and imo the best way to see what's happening across the forum, and as I've already indicated in my original reply, it's DEAD EASY to kill the Ebay links if you follow the instructions on the technical link and there's no drama's about using other options IF you don't want to.

I now await the first thread/post of complaint from a WRF member about some piece of worthless crap he got ripped off for via an Ebay advertisement he saw posted on this forum. You heard it first here folks.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ade told me Dimas is on the case be patient folks.

Dimas messaged me today and said if the changing your general settings feature did not work, to try clearing your Cache, but I haven't gotten to try it yet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Tried it just now-no effect.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by ynot View Post
    OK, I'll give scrolling a go first.

Thanks
    Tony
    You'll have to. I've only just noticed that the ability to exclude forums, including Ebay adverts, is only available to paid up WRF club members. So it's either join up or adapt, as they say.....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    You'll have to. I've only just noticed that the ability to exclude forums, including Ebay adverts, is only available to paid up WRF club members. So it's either join up or adapt, as they say.....
    I've not been here long but am starting to spend more time on WRF so, if that doesn't change I'll no doubt become a paid up club member.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Check this thread out, it tells you how to kill them. I used it yesterday as the damn things were running at around 8 to 1 for actual threads posted. Don't forget to keep the Ctrl key depressed whilst making your selections.

Exclude forums for clean look

Calm has now returned to the temple of Ned.
    Ned is the man.
    I followed his instructions and DA da they are gone.

Thank You oh great one.

Peace be upon you old son.

I tried Ned's suggestion but I am still getting them

So the 'What's New' option is no longer an option for me after all these years!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast