Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Forum Auction

Article about: How does one participate?

?

Default Forum Auction

How does one participate?

I don't think there is one mate!...

?

There is an RH cuff title in the classified today " for auction"???

Ah gotcha, if you click on the item it opens a new page where you can enter an amount and then submit your bid!...

Slightly damaged Rienhard Heydrich Cuff Title -- for auction - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

How amusing. Buying anything from ebay is almost wholeheartedly condemned by this forum yet here we are going down the same path, bidding on an item until the highest bidder at the end wins. Double standards and a route of selling that will probably end up causing more upset amongst the membership than it's worth. Afterall, there is a reason why 'highest bidder wins' auctions are not held on other well thought of forums like WAF, GCA, GMIC etc.

I believe standards are being allowed to slip, but then again, needs as must when the Devil drives I suppose.....

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Actually I did not even know this was an option within the software.....Had I have known, I would have removed it, if possible.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I don't really see the problem... Is discontent due to people losing out in auctions or prices going higher than they would have with a fixed price what worries you? I don't see the problem with ebay either. I've always used that site to acquire collectibles and, except for the ever increasing fees, and I've hardly ever had a bad experience.

I think E Bay is disliked simply for all the crap that is now peddled there.

I just like to keep everything in life simple. Fixed price and what you see is what you get.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I guess I've simply gotten used to it after all the years I've been actively buying (for the most part) on there. There's treasure amongst the trash for sure but I get what you mean by wanting to keep it simple...

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I don't really see the problem... Is discontent due to people losing out in auctions or prices going higher than they would have with a fixed price what worries you? I don't see the problem with ebay either. I've always used that site to acquire collectibles and, except for the ever increasing fees, and I've hardly ever had a bad experience.
    Nothing worries me. But you have partially answered your own question, discord always eventually appears when these 'highest bidder wins' auctions are implemented, that is why they are not used on other serious collector forums, it causes s*** that isn't needed.

Put up a fair price, first come first served, no arguments.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast