Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21

Forum running slow

Article about: Anyone else having this problem? Pages are taking a long time to load. I spend a lot of time looking at the spinning wheel of misery as I switch between pages or try to check PMs. The proble

CBH
    ?

I've watch with interest as a British Historian seen in many documentaries, change sides as it were. I wonder if this is the same individual.
    My personal belief if do whatever the hell you want, but no Crying Game surprises please.

?

Good thing it was not a DDoS attack
    Edit plus thanks Dimas for fixing things

I finally got to the bottom of why my computer wasn't working right on the forum... No matter which browser I used it was still the same problems, and then purely by chance I noted that my computer had 'blacklisted' the WRF. My internet security software was warning me that it posed a threat to my passwords and other sensitive information. Dimas provided me with another browser address - and it does work a treat. The only problem is that it allows access to ALL blocked websites... so if I used that browser all the time, I would be overriding my own security system. So... thanks for the help Dimas, but I won't chance using that particular browser again.

Cheers,
    Steve.

The bl**dy forum posted this THREE times! Fortunately I was able to edit...
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 04-02-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: forum problems

CBH - If this is the historian i think you are talking about they're actually American but live in the UK. Not that it matters though. He, and then later she comes across very well in documentaries bringing to life the reality of war.
    That said, it was a bit of a surprise.

Further to my last post concerning this site... This is what I see. Is anyone else getting the same? Do we still have a problem?

Forum running slow

MAP
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Further to my last post concerning this site... This is what I see. Is anyone else getting the same? Do we still have a problem?

Forum running slow
    A year or so ago, I remember a thread with some people getting these messages. If (and a big "if") my memory is correct it was due to a false positive from security/anti virus software.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post

Forum running slow
    This is because the website is not encrypted (It is HTTP instead of HTTPS).
    This would be essential for banking / Hotmail / GMail etc...
    It's not essential for this site although it would be desirable.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21