Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Forum server drop outs - chinese influence?

Article about: The forum is acting up. Login, try to post and it crashes out. There also seem to be some chinese spam mail appearing. Heads up to the mods.

China spam alert! in Helmets forum. Is see the spam seems to mention various Australian Universities, is this jerk some chinese student in Aussie?

How about if new members could only post their first post as a reply to a 'tell us about yourself!'-type topic, before the rest of the forum opens? Maybe you could even set that post to 'pending' till approved by a mod?

I don't know if that's technically possible or would be too much work for the mods, but I'm pretty sure spammers aren't interested in actually have to come up with some bogus -but-believable- collector's story first.

Quote by earlymb View Post
    How about if new members could only post their first post as a reply to a 'tell us about yourself!'-type topic, before the rest of the forum opens? Maybe you could even set that post to 'pending' till approved by a mod?

I think this is a thought to think about seriously. It is needed such topic needs to be "signed"
    by a new member! Maybe it is a possibility and "the wheat is seperated from the chaff"!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-10-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Quote by earlymb View Post

I don't know if that's technically possible or would be too much work for the mods, but I'm pretty sure spammers aren't interested in actually have to come up with some bogus -but-believable- collector's story first.
    I'm happy to see this seems to be working!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7