Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hacking attempt??

Article about: Just got an email that someone tried to log on using my user ID five times (unsuccesfully). Has anyone else ever experienced this? this is the second time in a month I have gotten this warni

The I.P. address that Michael sent me originates from Jakarta, Indonesia and the one that NineLives sent me originates from Rochester, New York.
    That's about all I can find out, they are not currently registered here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ralph. Wonder if this is common or something new.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not something I have heard of very often Michael.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

North Koreans?
    I used to have a program that would block a specific IP# plus the next 100-10,000 both before and after the IP # stated.
    I was customizable.
    If I find it I can send you the link.
    I know I sound like I am a naggy person but scan for malware,virus ect and make sure all of those services are updated often.
    Over the years I have been able to block further suspicious contacts with programs like that and others.
    If it continues, I have some further remedies.
    One thing that I do if I think I have a virus,hack or malware issue is type in my login details for sites, credit cards ext incorrectly on purpose for a few weeks. Some key stroke loggers just pull the first attempt then move on.
    just my opinion.

MAP
    ?

Good thought. No virus/Trojans/etc here. Ran a security scan however they don't always capture everything so I usually have a guy come and clean my PC once or twice a year manually.

Like the idea of logging on incorrectly. That's smart!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post

Like the idea of logging on incorrectly. That's smart!

Michael
    Until you get an e-mail telling you that someone has tried, 5 times unsucessfully, to log in using your profile.
    Ralph.

I usually limit it to 1 to 2 bad logins.
    my luck I fat finger it and then have to contact you to try to get me back in
    Also
    I do lost/stollens on my credit cards ever 3-6 months. This way if dormant bot nets come back on line the number is no good.
    manytimes the full numbers don't change but the security codes do.

Its free just have to stagger it since it takes 3-5 days to get a new card in the male. Anything I can throw up at these kuckleheads is worth the effort to me, as I have seen what ID theft can do to fam and friends,

Soon it will be standard too have 2 passwords that need to be used to log in. Will it be a pain , yes initially but it does wonders for security.

this is the direction we are going. I don't use or endorses the specific product or service but it shows the way security is going. that is of course before biometrics come into the main stream
    Cheers

?

I thought it was just me, here is the IP address I got 117.169.1.45. From China

Just had the same email. I can't quite see what they hope to achieve by hacking a forum with Militaria on it.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Cenowski View Post
    Just had the same email. I can't quite see what they hope to achieve by hacking a forum with Militaria on it.
    Well we are armed to the teeth! So the outcome would not be good LoL

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast