Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Having problems posting pics

Article about: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\\Users\\Andy>tracert warrelics.eu Tracing route to warrelics.eu [199.193.246.60] over

?

Default Re: Having problems posting pics

Guys, there is a hundreds of mails weekly, that some sort of security missed during uploading the picture, that seems like was a forums bug.
    Due of that I've remove authomatic resizing of the pictures, due the peoples just uploading more than 2 mb pictures.
    I've removed this kind of ability, to make my work more easiest
    But there is a second reason- if I we allow +100 kb of pictures, monthly we'll get approx a 150 GB of traffic, which is currently big too. As Ade mentioned before- the traffic is not a cheap.
    Even I will tell you as some of the forums, even a required membership fees- they did not give you ability to post pictures over 230 kb, and just a 2 pictures in the post. In the past we besome a very limited funds from the donors, as it was done in the past year.
    I will add that the forum is donated by some of the advertisers and Google Ad sense, but also add the advertisements of our valuable donors too.
    I will look and will change as it was before, but it's a bit make a forum slow.
    The next generation of the software will solve all the problems, but I' will update the forum after the stable version of it will be done. Also the updating the forum will make it unreachable for approx a couple of days.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I ve returned back to the previous configuration.
    But that's really eats a lot of traffic, and even the advertising system is not much help in that
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas, thank you for that, I never realised that the forum costs were related to this problem, as I am sure many others were not aware. I hope now that members, especially those having the sizeing problem, will have digested this thread, its contents and its conclusion by Dimas, and look at the forum in a different light, although free to use, it is not free to run, come on guys hands in pockets, have you seen how much a good reference book is these days ! I have learnt a valueble lesson just this evening, with reference to an ''Hungarian helmet'', I looked foolish because I had baulked at the price of Ludwig Baer's book on steel helmets, and therefore didnt have the correct information for myself let alone to impart to others, lesson learnt. I got that info here, I shall be donating $20 asap, its a lot cheaper than Baer's book ! remember that chaps !

Ive just made a contribution via pay-pal . You are right about the forum being a priceless source for info!

Thanks for redoing the picture size limits. I sent in my donation
    last week. It wasn't much but I feel I can get my monies worth
    of information and then some.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Dimas, thank you for that, I never realised that the forum costs were related to this problem, as I am sure many others were not aware. I hope now that members, especially those having the sizeing problem, will have digested this thread, its contents and its conclusion by Dimas, and look at the forum in a different light, although free to use, it is not free to run, come on guys hands in pockets, have you seen how much a good reference book is these days ! I shall be donating $20 asap, its a lot cheaper than Baer's book ! remember that chaps !
    Yeah, I did likewise. This website is worth every penny or cent I suppose

Reg
    ?

Hi Dimas, I too wasnt aware that the photo problem was funding related. Have made a contribution accordingly, if everyone pops just a few pounds or dollars into the pot we shouldnt run into this again. Thanks again for sorting it Dimas and thanks to all moderators who give thier time to check our ramblings, moanings, showings-off, over exhuberant statements etc...

Cheers
    Reg

?

I am having problems with the pics attachment, when i go into pics attachment i only find my old pics and cant find my recently added pics , have i missed something ? cheers Dave

Hi Dave, you need to browse your PC to find your pics.

Double Click on the green "Reply to Thread tab" then hit the "Pictures Upload" tab. Then click on the green "Add files" icon, then "select files", then upload as normal.

Simples.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Is there any way to stop the random order in which photos appear in a post?
    For example, I've just posted some photos of an EK2, I uploaded the obverse, reverse and makers mark in that order as that's how I would like them to appear on the screen. They came out in reverse order so I took them off and uploaded them again in reverse order (mm, rev, ob) thinking they would reappear in the post in the order I want them but instead they came out reverse, obverse, makers mark..........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast