Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Having problems posting pics

Article about: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\\Users\\Andy>tracert warrelics.eu Tracing route to warrelics.eu [199.193.246.60] over

?

Default Re: Having problems posting pics

Thanks just update the file, we'll look how it will work
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Still cant upload photos, i have tryed several ways and a few programs, It worked a few times but doesnt work again.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

When i upload photos it says attachment, i can see them but other members cant, help
    Morris

?

WRF is a vBulletin (vB) discussion forum. vB allows attachments to posts. This includes images (with any of 7 file extensions), as well as several other file types. Maximum file size on EP is 100K. Allowed file types are bmp, doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, xls, xlsx, zip.

vB provides two methods for attaching a file to a post (through three different actions). Please be aware that one method works consistently, and the other has had ongoing problems (causing vB boards to purge attachments).

In brief, if you are adding an attachment to a post, click on the Go Advanced button shown under the Quick Reply post entry area. Do not use the Insert Image icon shown at the top of the Quick Reply area, also shown at the top of the post area when clicking on Edit Post.

If your attachment is a graphic and is displayed in your post as a graphic, you have added it correctly. If you have attached another files type, such as a spreadsheet or Zip file, the name of the file should be shown.

If your attachment appears similar to the following text, such as:

Attachment 400

you will need to edit your post. Any attachments displayed in a post with the word, Attachment, followed by a number, have not been added to a post.

Attachments not used in a post are purged by vB after one hour; Your attachment must be displayed within your post (either as the graphic for images, or the file name for other file type attachments) to prevent vB from removing it.

This is all the information needed (if you are familiar with vB use) for permanent attachments. Greater detail is below.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

The correct button to use when adding attachments in vB is below the post entry area (for both the Go Advanced entry screen and the Edit Post entry page), and is named Pictures Upload.
    There are two ways to access this tool when making posts to vB. Clicking on 'Go Advanced' to make a post will enable access to the tool. After a post has been made, clicking on Edit Post will also give you access to the tool.

To add a file:
    1. Click on Manage Attachments.
    2. Click on +Add Files (in the upper right). A dialog allowing you to Select Files is shown.
    3. Clicking on Select Files to show files on your computer.
    3a. Clicking on Basic Uploader, then Browse, will also allow selection of a file from your computer.
    4. Navigate to the directory holding the file you wish to attach
    5. Click once to highlight and then click on Open (or double-click the file).
    5a. This will show the file name in your Upload Files dialog.
    6. Click on Upload Files to add the file to your File Upload manager under Attachments.
    7. In the lower attachments area, the file should be accompanied by a tick in a box. If not, add check in lower right corner of attachment and click on Insert Inline.
    8. Click on Done to complete the process, and close the tool.

Your attachment will be placed wherever your cursor was placed (in your post) when you entered this Manage Attachments tool. (Position can be changed by moving the vB ATTACH code.)

(Please also be aware that this tool does not allow files to be stored for future use. Uploads not utilized within one hour will be deleted. Uploads that are not stored properly are also deleted within an hour.)
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Post area icons which allow enhanced posts

The Quick Reply area at the bottom of each thread has a number of icons shown which are used to make an enhanced post. This set of icons starts with an A/A which is used to turn WYSIWYG visual mode (source editor) on and off. Additional icons are used to for text bold, italics, or underlined text. Further to the right is an icon for Insert Image (just to the right of Insert Link and Remove Link).

Do not use this icon to insert an image into vB.

Yes, Clicking on it will provide an Insert Image tool to upload a file from your computer. It states allowed file types of jpg, jpeg, png, gif (which are 4 of the 7 graphics types allowed under Manage Attachments). Clicking on From Computer and then clicking on Select Files and Upload File(s) will allow you to add files to your attachments.
    If you see this upload dialog,

Close it and go to the Manage Attachments tool.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Changing your preferred vB Editor Interface

If you are adding attachments, please make certain your posting preference is set to Enhanced Editor.

Follow the same process as described above to get to your options. Once you have gone to Settings, click on General Settings, scroll down to Miscellaneous Options. The first option is the Message Editor Interface. This provides three selections

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Both Standard Editor and Enhanced Editor provide editing icons at the top of the Quick Reply post entry area, and when clicking on Edit Post. If you do not have these icons at the top of your text editing area and at the top of the Quick Reply text entry area, then you have Basic Editor enabled. (Selection of Enhanced Interface is recommended.)
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Epilogue

Post 1 is the information. Posts 2 and 3 are support.

This thread is the result of members losing attachments in vBulletin. Every member I have dealt with that has lost an attachment... Every post I have edited to add back an attachment... Everything I have read on other sites regarding loss of attachment... All attachments which have been purged from the vB database have been a result of using the WYSIWYG posting interface to add an attachment. I have lost attachments myself, but have never lost one posted through the use of the Manage Attachments tool.

Attachments are lost when members use the Insert Image tool above the post area. Posts through both the Enhanced Editor setting and the Standard Editor setting, coupled with this Insert Image tool, result in lost attachments. I have had the Insert Image tool work intermittently when member settings are to Enhanced Editor, which is why the OP recommends that members always us the Manage Attachments tool. (In the case of a Basic Editor setting, the Insert Image icon is not visible.)

Please be aware that the above has not been tested across all browsers.

As this may be of use to other vB admins, permission is given to reproduce this thread (or any portion of it) as long as Experienced-People.net is attributed as the source
    Regards,
    Dimas

I am currently trying to upload more photos of last weekend´s journey through time, but all I get is the "upload failed" even after having cropped and resized the files down to almost nothing. I have no idea how to work this one out. I have deleted cookies. Anyone with a similar issue?
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

What is exact trouble, there must be explained problem if you mouse over to exclamation mark
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast