Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heur Trojan Virus

Article about: Getting very perturbed as I am finding that as I move around the site that my virus protection programme keeps alerting me to the presence of the above virus. Have had at least 10 alerts in

allclear now cheers Paul

I Thought i was clear ,past hour or so,Now my Kasperskys fighting the virus again ,double Doh! cheers Paul

Problems still continue, but less than before.

Seems to be looking to pick up info from login srceen and following progress as you move through various threads.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Problems still continue, but less than before.

Seems to be looking to pick up info from login srceen and following progress as you move through various threads.
    It appears in your case that all avenues of help have been exhausted, regretfully therefore, for the maintained security of the forum and it's members, you know what you must do.......

Heur Trojan Virus

I wish there were another way, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

As Ned has stated,there is only one way....Endlösung.....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by big ned View Post
    It appears in your case that all avenues of help have been exhausted, regretfully therefore, for the maintained security of the forum and it's members, you know what you must do.......

Heur Trojan Virus

I wish there were another way, Ned.
    there's always the option for going gold too

Still seeing it every time I start my browser, which automatically opens a tab into the German WW1/WW2 Armour forum. Kaspersky finds a generic Trojan being served up from your ads server.

I am still getting this, and it started about the same time as others began reporting it some months back. I haven't worried unduly about it as Kaspersky invariably flags it up, but also because Malwarebytes does not react, which it would if something were actively trying to get into my system.

The real reason I am mentioning it is because I know two people who have now refused to use Warrelics out of anxiety about virus/Trojan attacks. And that's just the two who have actually told me. The number of probably higher, as I have made some effort to encourage helmet-collectors in particular to join Warrelics and they distinctly haven't done so.

I'm fully aware that it may be extremely difficult to resolve this problem (I haven't any ideas, I admit), but it seems worth pointing out that it does have an ongoing effect on the forum's reputation.

I've actually stopped using this forum now for this reason- haven't visited for a couple of months. I'm only here now because I had an email notification that Greg had posted a comment into the thread. Admins, you need to take this more seriously.

Keep in mind that some members might have caught malware from another source and is embedded in their pc , malware at times can be dormant and only react to certain scenarios ,
    not all antivirus programs are created equal .

some antivirus/malware scanners give false positives also ,

I have no doubt this forum is completely safe .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast