Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

'likes' gone?

Article about: As I mentioned before, Dimas is going to try get this sorted. Bear with us guys. I am not going to fiddle with the control panel as we could loose the whole forum! Cheers, Ade.

?

LLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE.....so there!!!!!!
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I thought it pretty likely that you would like my like Dean but thanks for giving me the likes to let me know you liked that .
    I should probably quite now as I can see some members not likely liking this if I talk about the likes on the likes thread being gone much longer

Regards Mark

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Like, I won't cry anymore!
    Bravo.

Just an update:

This is a software issue.

Dimas is working on it. But if the "likes" option is no longer supported any more, we may have to live without it. But we are trying to get it back.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I hope it comes back, I would hate to see threads cluttered with quotes followed by a '+1' as per some other forums I do not care to mention.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I hope it comes back, I would hate to see threads cluttered with quotes followed by a '+1' as per some other forums I do not care to mention.
    You take the words right out of my mouth, Glenn!

I must say that I actually hadn't used the "like" feature initially, and for quite a while. Somehow, I had felt it more appropriate to express an actual written comment than just pressing that button. (I know, call me old-fashioned...)

However, I have eventually come to appreciate it, both as a very practical and convenient way of expressing agreement/approval/appreciation myself and as a means of getting feedback on what other members find of interest or agree on. All of this without swamping threads with such "+1"-type comments that only make them that much longer and tiresome to read without really expressing anything more than that simple "like".

I sure hope that the "like"-feature comes back, but if it does not, I would rather not have to see that our membership starts to pick up the habbit of making inflationary posts containing nothing but the word "like" or statements to the effect of "Gee, I really wish the like buttton was still around so I could press it right now", a habbit which I already start to see emerging. Surely, we can do better than that.

(I know it's all meant well and so far often in jest, and of course I mean no offense, but still...)

I agree Andreas. I use the "like" button when i appreciate the post but cannot add substantially to it.
    For me, it is a simple and expedient way to let a poster know their comment did not fall on deaf ears ( so to speak ) and piqued my interest.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Well, as a firm fan of the 'Likes' button, to such an extent that I checked them in my profile every week (last Monday I was up to 6,292) I can say I will be secretly and discreetly Abso-f******-lutely Devastated if they cannot be restored back to where they were at, but I fear that may well be impossible now as the data has probably been flushed like a turd.....

The 'Reputation' chads mean little to me, I disabled mine long ago, but a 'Like' was different, it was a way of showing that what you said had pleased someone in some way out there in the ethernet, either made them laugh, think or appreciate what statements, facts, musings etc. you extrapolated, AND vice versa, it was a two way thing that worked well. It sort of acted as a way that you could bond, emote or just have a laugh with another member(s) and was good for the soul.

How sad if they have to go, it'll be like another nail in the coffin, another sign that the 'Golden Era' of this forum that is considered by many of us to be the best because of it's greatly informed, knowledgable, friendly, amusing and convivial (on the whole), members and atmosphere, is beginning to slip away compared to what it was like back when. I have felt this more and more over past months, and having been here a long time now and seeing the gradual change in things during this time, the comings and goings, the arguments, bullying, key members posting far less or no longer posting at all have all had a deleterious effect that has, I believe, touched us all to a greater or lesser degree.

So it's my opinion the loss of the 'Likes' facility can only compound this feeling still further. Still, I guess one can't stand in the way of 'progress', and re reading this, I can see i'm beginning to turn into my Dad, which is rather worrying, so i'm going to bug out of this conversation before I cause more trouble....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I don't like the sound of this. In fact my wife even accused me of being a miserable old git because I don't seem to like anything any more. I tried to explain to her that its not that I don't like things as in I actually 'like' them, its just that I'm not allowed to like like I used to be able to like. When I liked things on the forum I just clicked on 'like' like everyone else did. But since the option of like was taken away I am no longer able to like postings like I used to. If the option to like things on here is ever returned, rest assured that I will once again start liking like I have never liked before.

Remember Ned that in the 'good old days' of the forum there was no 'like' facility.

'Likes' is a relatively new addition

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast