Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Locked threads!

Article about: Hello! I see some threads that demand a password in order to read them! What is this and what is the purpose of a locked thread? How can i get the password?

Default Re: Locked threads!

Think we have been here before......the forum is only accessible to the RRPG members, mainly because we discuss the precise location of sites where relics are to be found. The sites where RRPG has organised digs are generally private land, requiring landowners permission to visit . Permission is given on the basis that the locations are not disclosed outside the group so as to avoid unauthorised digging on private land. It is a matter of trust between RRPG and land owners and so we honour that. Although the site locations are discussed in the closed forum, all relics found are posted on the main forum for all to share.

Hmm I like the idea of a special handshake.

Stonecutters !

?

This is'nt a case of special treatment or under the table handshakes, I think its been explained quite thoroughly, don't forget that RRPG members have their own sites that they dig and have been doing so for either months or years, they share that knowledge with the other members of the group, we do not divulge the locations for obvious reasons,ie landowners requests, members requests,and it is a requirement of the group that we honour this,please don't think it is a secret squirrel society,if we were to make known the location of sites on the open forum, it would then be visible to forum trawlers who have no interest in the forum , other than to make a fast buck out of artifacts found and thereby ruining the trust that has been established between landowners that in some cases has taken years to obtain

ive often wondered about these locked areas of the forum too ,so thanks for clearing that one up adrian

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Stonecutters !
    No Homers.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

FWIW - Perhaps when they are announced they can be called "Another dig site" or "New dig site" as opposed to "Another site" or "New site" to avoid confusion. I have occasionally clicked on them after they are posted via the top eight statistics list thinking they are a link to a new web site. I can be a frustrating to keep being referred to forums threads you are "Locked" out of.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    No Homers.
    I'm shocked and appalled that you feel the need to defend and clarify your masculinity in this un PC manner Jerry....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm shocked and appalled that you feel the need to defend and clarify your masculinity in this un PC manner Jerry....
    No problems with my masculinity Ned and I am sure you understood the reference.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for explaining why these threads are locked! The reasons are absolutely understandable! Since the artifacts found are posted in public there's no problem!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2