Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Moderator please: Spam, virus, malware, or something else wrong

Article about: Hi guys, Please see the above post. There seems to be a problem with the site. We keep getting directed to spam ads when access the TR Ring Forum. I know nothing about hacking but there is c

I use my android phone most of the time anyway with no problems or even a hint of one. Perhaps it's a short term solution until the problem is corrected?

MAP
    ?

As BB notes. Keep Calm and Carry On.

Or as another famous person in LA said 20 or so years ago. "Can't we all just get along". No need for arguments over issues like this.

Frustrating. Yes. But these things take time to identify and fix.

We've had attacks before but they are always fixed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Guys, I am having the same issues as you since yesterday.

We are on the case.

Let us all keep calm and it will be resolved.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It's a pain in the arse but i'm sure it'll be fixed, it's a real shame that sad people have nothing better to do than hacking web sites.

Hey let me know if any of these pop ups are juicy!! I don't have the problem!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    You don't own this site, you don't run this site.
    Not sure how you figure you have the right to make demands of the owner of this site.
    It is obvious from some of your earlier threads that you have some personal issues.
    I think you should address them before you return to this forum.
    Ralph.
    Ralph , I think the complaints from anyone should be taken seriously and anyone does have the right to demand a resolution. Paying members or not we are all participators and that participation drives the forum.
    The forum is dealer sponsored and should reserve money for issues exactly like this.
    I hope the administration is aware of the urgency of this issue.
    If it was my forum I would have closed it for maintenance until it is resolved, at least show you are working the issue.
    Now coming here is like opening a portal to hell.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Ralph , I think the complaints from anyone should be taken seriously and anyone does have the right to demand a resolution. Paying members or not we are all participators and that participation drives the forum.
    The forum is dealer sponsored and should reserve money for issues exactly like this.
    I hope the administration is aware of the urgency of this issue.
    If it was my forum I would have closed it for maintenance until it is resolved, at least show you are working the issue.
    Now coming here is like opening a portal to hell.
    You are absolutely correct that complaints should be acknowledged and taken note of.

However, personally I do not believe that the post which provoked the response above was a legitimate complaint.

Rather it was a rude, arrogant demand for attention to his own opinion.

I am neither moderator or administrator yet I was offended by it.

Yes, there is an issue affecting and thereby annoying members (not everyone but that is beside the point) and preventing normal unincommoded use of the site but that does not give cause for rudeness and hostile petulance the like of which was demonstrated by the member concerned.

It has been stated that the problem is being addressed and as I said before I am content with this and do not consider myself deserving of personal detailed progress reports.

Whether the site would be "closed for maintenance" is a matter of subjection and I for one would not be happy with that unless it was the absolute last resort.

Oblique reference to "dealer sponsorship" gives me a worrying sense that an attitude of assumed priority or enhanced sense of contribution is starting to show here. That too I find disturbing. Yes collectors value (good) dealers but dealers need collectors for their very survival so let's not suggest that dealer sponsorship is totally philanthropic and without self promotion.

You said "if it was my forum" well at the risk of stating the obvious I might point out that it isn't. Just saying

You also make reference to "opening a portal to hell". Well, forgive me but isn't that just a little dramatic?

If the Devil exists some of us here have been close enough to smell his breath and believe me there is not even a hint of "Hades" about this situation.

Just let the the mechanic fix the car whilst you have a coffe and chill

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    You are absolutely correct that complaints should be acknowledged and taken note of.

However, personally I do not believe that the post which provoked the response above was a legitimate complaint.

Rather it was a rude, arrogant demand for attention to his own opinion.

I am neither moderator or administrator yet I was offended by it.

Yes, there is an issue affecting and thereby annoying members (not everyone but that is beside the point) and preventing normal unincommoded use of the site but that does not give cause for rudeness and hostile petulance the like of which was demonstrated by the member concerned.

It has been stated that the problem is being addressed and as I said before I am content with this and do not consider myself deserving of personal detailed progress reports.

Whether the site would be "closed for maintenance" is a matter of subjection and I for one would not be happy with that unless it was the absolute last resort.

Oblique reference to "dealer sponsorship" gives me a worrying sense that an attitude of assumed priority or enhanced sense of contribution is starting to show here. That too I find disturbing. Yes collectors value (good) dealers but dealers need collectors for their very survival so let's not suggest that dealer sponsorship is totally philanthropic and without self promotion.

You said "if it was my forum" well at the risk of stating the obvious I might point out that it isn't. Just saying

You also make reference to "opening a portal to hell". Well, forgive me but isn't that just a little dramatic?

If the Devil exists some of us here have been close enough to smell his breath and believe me there is not even a hint of "Hades" about this situation.

Just let the the mechanic fix the car whilst you have a coffe and chill

Mark
    Hello Mark , these pop ups are not innocent. Hence why I suggest to close the forum to protect the members from getting in Malware.

I have been a forum admin myself for many years so I know what I am talking about.
    What sponsorship is concerned , it means there is a steady income so there is money available to keep the forum safe from such shenanigans.

This isn't a matter of life or death... it's only a bl**dy forum for gods sake! I'm sure it will be put right eventually... I get no problems with Google Chrome, only with Microsoft Edge.

Tempest in a teapot. . .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast