Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Nasty commercial screens ?

Article about: Anyone else getting a new page with commercial nonsense when you click on something in the forum ? I have both on my pc and iPad. I click and a new page opens up to some off site webpage. Wh

?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Exactly - perhaps not as straightforward as regular militaria advertisements, but the site has to make money to survive.

For those that do not understand the concept - a 3rd party, VigLink will hyperlink key words in posts such as 'new car' or 'radio' or whatever and send you off to a website that sells them, should you choose to click on the link.

Last year, VigLink was doing some funny things, but this seemed to only be temporary.

Nick

I understand. The chimney has to smoke.
    But i think still it is wise for the forum to think about the attention. These kind of redirectors, pop-ups, and third-party adds often contain(ed) rubbish, as those third party people often let fourth party ones externally deliver the scripts.

?

Well I've got a new issue for the last couple of days if I type into search bar Warrelics I get database not found but if I follow the email link it works fine, anyone else got this issue?
    just found if I click the home button I get same issue but not if I click on the new posts or the warrelics icon
    Last edited by Lurch; 11-19-2019 at 08:34 PM. Reason: new info

MAP
    ?

Quote by Lurch View Post
    Well I've got a new issue for the last couple of days if I type into search bar Warrelics I get database not found but if I follow the email link it works fine, anyone else got this issue?
    just found if I click the home button I get same issue but not if I click on the new posts or the warrelics icon
    Sections of the forum was "off line" for part of yesterday. Probably for maintenance. It's all back and running now, at least for me and others I've spoken to.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yeah I was having a problem last night, But all is good now!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Yeah I was having a problem last night, But all is good now!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I actually had time to pay my bills.......which of course I didn't.... because I turned on this contraption in my house called a TV for a couple of hours instead.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fingers crossed. I think we have cured it....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Fingers crossed. I think we have cured it....
    Ade what was the go with the big outage yesterday? I was about to migrate!!!~

?

I'm still getting this "I cannot connect to the database." when I try to use the home button https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/content/ if I take out the /content/ it works fine

Dav
    ?

Quote by Lurch View Post
    I'm still getting this "I cannot connect to the database." when I try to use the home button https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/content/ if I take out the /content/ it works fine
    How are you getting to that URL?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Lurch View Post
    Try cleaning out your cache and history on your browser.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast