Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posts with NO pictures

Article about: Hi all ,this is nothing new I know but I just felt like having a rant about the amount of posts that have recently been posted with "links" to ebay ,dealers sites etc, etc. I don't

Default Posts with NO pictures

Hi all ,this is nothing new I know but I just felt like having a rant about the amount of posts that have recently been posted with "links" to ebay ,dealers sites etc, etc. I don't know what the rest of you guys think but personally if the member posting a question cannot be bothered to upload some images on their "potential" purchase I for one cannot be bothered to even look at the link, let alone post an opinion! Maybe us "paying pink" members should all stop giving advice to lazy "dropper ins" until they learn to play the game!! I am sure I am not alone in this "grumpy old man" attitude , and if the member asking for advice gets very few replies and ends up buying a duffer ,well hard cheese in my eye's!! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Posts with NO pictures 
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 05-04-2014 at 10:03 PM.

I am not a "Pink person" but I do feel the same way on this issue.

The only time you need to post a link is if someone asks the rest of the time they should post pics.

Edit: the only time i haven't used photos is when I had to delete them cause I could not add any more than 33 (I fixed it after doing that).
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 05-04-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

I have explained countless times that threads sans pics become useless in time. I have also shown how to copy pics.....even if the site does not allow right click to save a photo.

No excuses guys for not adding pics.

I don't want to play hardball and just delete threads where there are no pics, but it is an option and repeat offenders have had this applied to them in the past.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The use of Photo Links can be very aggravating..and a pet peeve of mine. All it takes is a few extra minutes to perform this task..of saving them to your computer..and is a win for both the forum..... and the user has a library for photo reference. Photo Hosting sites IMO are they are temporary as a wisp of smoke..and then the users photos are gone also. Those sites are Unstable !!

One thing I dont want to see happen is we go to the bank....to cash, deposit or withdrawal money..and a message from the teller or MAC Machine says No funds available..you should of came here earlier

For the new Collector..just starting here and reading this...please ask questions on how to perform this task or ask a Moderator..this action is not that difficult to do.
    For the " Hit and Run " poster looking for a quick reply..and leaving a link like a Mouse Terd...you are exactly that !!
    Your money will dwindle in life and never grow..a hole in your pocket..that will never be satisfied to devour what you put in it.

Take the time..if you Love this hobby. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

And when you post your photos, at least have the courtesy to post them the right way up!

If you have the capacity to post a photo, you have the means to do it right. I and many others will not offer an opinion on an image where I have to crick my neck at 90 degrees and I have also deleted threads where this has occurred.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

An oldie but worth putting up again I reckon???

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Posts with NO pictures  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

i guess im in touch with my feminine side then as pink is cool leon ,i totally agree with your valid comments though and well warranted
    Regards James

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have explained countless times that threads sans pics become useless in time. I have also shown how to copy pics.....even if the site does not allow right click to save a photo.

No excuses guys for not adding pics.

I don't want to play hardball and just delete threads where there are no pics, but it is an option and repeat offenders have had this applied to them in the past.

Cheers, Ade.
    can i say you have a really nice forum ethos ade and show great tolerance i agree though repeat offenders should be shown the errors of there ways ,its not a good learning curve for members craving information ,i dont like hitting links to view stuff purely on the basis of inviting viruses into my computer so im reluctant to click so in the long term they are suffering not us
    Regards James

?

When individuals don't post pictures I don't bother even if I have an idea of what is being asked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast