Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posts with NO pictures

Article about: Hi all ,this is nothing new I know but I just felt like having a rant about the amount of posts that have recently been posted with "links" to ebay ,dealers sites etc, etc. I don't

I am glad that my "rant" did not offend anyone and that I am not in the minority on this issue! Thank you Gentlemen, happy posting one and all(with pictures of course) Leon.

At the risk of being deleted................some of us don't have the knowledge to put pictures in right the first time (I'm looking in the mirror) so don't throw the baby out with the water........I'm learning ..I'm learning !

Quote by fastfeet View Post
    At the risk of being deleted................some of us don't have the knowledge to put pictures in right the first time (I'm looking in the mirror) so don't throw the baby out with the water........I'm learning ..I'm learning !
    Hi fastfeet , I do understand what you are saying, our technical questions area does have most of the answers that may be needed on this subject , it just needs to be looked at. I most certainly am not criticising the committed learner or member, just those who make no effort at all and want a "free" authentication. If you have a windows system you will probably find that you have a "snipping" tool on the left hand side of your start up screen. Using that you can "snip" and save any image into your pictures folder and then upload them to the forum. I hope that helps you, all the best(grumpy but getting better) Leon.

I notice the thread starter did not post any pictures in this thread and therefore it is liable for deletion.
    LOL.

It is a real pain when threads are posted with no images, or you go to an older thread and the images have since vanished.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    I notice the thread starter did not post any pictures in this thread and therefore it is liable for deletion.
    LOL.

It is a real pain when threads are posted with no images, or you go to an older thread and the images have since vanished.
    Sorry Jerry , you are quite right!! I have just amended the start of the thread with a little picture that I am sure will like! LOL. Leon.

Hi Fastfeet..as long as you are "trying and willing "..to learn..then you are immune from your threads being deleted. There is nothing wrong with asking questions or starting a discussion without photos..but if the opportunity arises as it would be great topic support for the thread..then yes...we would want photos uploaded to this forum. Supporting links to other reference is acceptable including the photos within those links.

The main problems are sites that are selling items..such as Auction houses..Ebay type sales sites and dealers..which all are temporary..and photo hosting sites also that are temporary. All those ads eventually will be removed..and no photo to support the thread. From that point depending upon the content pertaining to the topic.....which may be a 50/50 chance of being salvaged..by text only information....but the thread is still not 100% accurate.

Its alot easier..than it sounds..and takes a minimal amount of effort to save photos to ones own computer.

Not to be compared to a Playboy magazine..as the WRF is far above that.....but "that" magazine without photos is worthless paper...and those who read that mag for the stories only?......yea sure you do

It is a great help in many ways..not just for the Mods and Admins here..but for all who want to have a serious study in what they collect. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Leon, You've caught me with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Here I am without the mask.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Posts with NO pictures  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think my favorites are the posts that read like "I have a German knife! It's got a pointy blade on it and a metal sheath! Is it real?" and no photo or further description given...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I am probably the least "good" person here when it comes to computers, however I have found this is the easiest site around to post photos. If I can do it, anyone can.

Dean O

Absolutely Dean! If an old dolt like me can figure it out, it can't be rocket science! If a person can download a photo onto their own computer, that's about as much as you need to know! The site here will take it from there. Dimas has spelled out the "How To" of the process step by step in about as clear a language as can be done.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2