Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Non Responsive Auction Winners

Article about: Hello all, I recently held an auction for a cuff title that lasted one full month, and which a member won. I contacted this person, but have had no response. Can someone help me? I would lik

?

Default Non Responsive Auction Winners

Hello all,

I recently held an auction for a cuff title that lasted one full month, and which a member won. I contacted this person, but have had no response. Can someone help me? I would like to know how long I should give him to respond, and what can be done if he does not answer. Thanks

John P.

Hello John,
    How long since the auction ended?.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi John..if that member who was serious enough to want to win that auction..should be serious enough to reply back to you. I would give him a few days..just my opinion..but Ralph is correct...how long ago was the auction..and that should be enough contact time. Place it back on auction again..if no reply very soon. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I thought at first that he said it had been a month since the auction, I had a long response typed out until I realized that he said the auction lasted a month.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I think we need to make a warning to the buyer
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

This is totally unacceptable.

If you bid on an item you are entering into a legal contract to buy.

Send me his name via PM. I don't want to start a public witch hunt. There may be good reasons why he has not got back, real life can get in the way at times.

I would allow about 5 days maximum.

If this person has simply messed you around, his forum future is in grave doubt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi All,

Appreciate the support! Also am happy to announce that my winner has replied (very briefly) to my PM. I'm choosing to be optimistic that we will conclude the contract sometime in the next couple days.
    That said, I had trouble finding anything on the forum in terms of rules or prescribed manners where these issues are concerned. I respectfully submit that this might help sellers and buyers both.

Best,
    John

Hi John, as the auction option is so rarely used we have never had to legislate for it before. To be honest, this is why I prefer fixed price sales.

But I think anyone winning or just straight buying ought to reply with 48 hours if possible.

Glad to hear the winner has replied now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I'm beginning to think that my optimism was misplaced. My winner replied, but said only that he lived in Germany, and "cheers". I responded by telling him what my PayPal address was, and what the total amounts owed were -- no response. Since then I have asked him to please respond, that I expected him to finalize this transaction immediately -- no response.

To me, two breaches of protocol here: the first is not coming through with the money. The second is communicating only enough to keep me wondering what the real intent is here.

Advice anyone?

I would suggest you contact Ade and give him the member's name, then, unfortunately, re-list it.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast