Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Non Responsive Auction Winners

Article about: Hello all, I recently held an auction for a cuff title that lasted one full month, and which a member won. I contacted this person, but have had no response. Can someone help me? I would lik

Hi John, it sounds like this guy is a complete ( insert your own expletive here) !!! I suggest you PM Adrian with his name and get the loser off of this forum. Sorry to here that you have had this experience in the classifieds, as for myself, I have never had any issues. Leon.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, as the auction option is so rarely used we have never had to legislate for it before. To be honest, this is why I prefer fixed price sales.
    I expressed the same concerns at the time this 'new' method of sale was announced as well. It would seem that they were not unfounded after all. It's always going to be a potential for trouble unfortunately, but we live and learn.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi John, as suggested, send me his name.

I can see you having to re-list them. This time go with the usual fixed price.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If he wont pay then.......................................Non Responsive Auction Winners

Hi Guys, I thought that I would post an update on this situation.

John supplied me with the winning bidders username. On Sunday I gave him 24 hours to reply to myself and pay John. No reply or payment was forthcoming. As a result last night I expelled "jorkataaa85".

I am sad that someone who had over two hundred posts and was a member of some time would act in such a dishonourable way. People who waste others time like this have no place on this forum.

I would urge people not to use the auction feature. It is here simply as it comes with the software. Plain sales with a fixed price are much easier. John used this so someone might get a nice deal and was then messed around.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quick Update that say that while our Mr. Jorkataaa failed to honor his bid, the second lowest bidder - none other than this Forum's Dimas came through and purchased my cuff title anyway. To me, that's a sign that there is natural justice (and good people) in the Universe.

Very pleased it worked out for you John, i'm surprised this happened as i've sent items to members on here to examine "in hand" and make me an offer, but i suppose as always there's a rotten apple!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2