Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pictures from our forum stolen!

Article about: Copyright laws do apply to photos posted on the internet and i'm aware of some cases where those who have broken the laws have been forced to remove photos ! As a photo collector , in genera

Exclamation Pictures from our forum stolen!

Hello Gentlemen ,

do you know this ?

greenwave7 told me :

ps do you see "our" russian mate that realize a similar forum with our images?

(Пряжки вермахта, разновидност и (оригиналы) - Международны й форум коллекционер ов "Блокгауз") :-/

There are also some of my pictures here and the signature has been removed!

I am very angry about it !!!!!

In a German forum are at the default setting, all pictures automatically provided with a watermark signature.

Can we not also set up something here?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Default Re: Pictures from our forum stolen!

We do not have the software. But you can watermark your own photos using this site:

Free Watermark. Add Custom Watermark. Protect Your Photos and Images - PicMarkr

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Bastards. Also it's a moderator who is posting the pics. What is wrong with asking first?

?

Unfortunately a common occurence quite a number of my original WW2 period photos have been copied and used without authority on other forums which is why i won't post any now that are not watermarked !!

That said i'm not up on ther technicalities of whether it is possible but some of my watermarked photos are now on a forum with the watermark missing !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

we are open source, and if the pictures used for education purposes , I personally do not see any problems with that
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    we are open source, and if the pictures used for education purposes , I personally do not see any problems with that
    I would even like to have control over the publication of my pictures
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Unfortunately a common occurence quite a number of my original WW2 period photos have been copied and used without authority on other forums which is why i won't post any now that are not watermarked !!

That said i'm not up on ther technicalities of whether it is possible but some of my watermarked photos are now on a forum with the watermark missing !!
    It is indeed possible to remove watermarks from photos. Unfortunately. I have come across a horrid website whose owner is trying to sell some of the helmets featured on Brian Bell´s website, as ell as other helmets that just "look familiar" to me - with the "all rights reserved" and watermark removed. How sad
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Agree with Dimas on this, just know your pictures or photos might be stolen.

Paul sorry to hear they taken some of your photos. They were really good!

Once you post your pictures on the internet, they are pretty much fair game.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Agree with Dimas and chopperman. The only way to avoid this happening is to not post images, which would be really poor, so watermarking them and if they are original photos, don't post the whole image, or post then at an odd angle might help. If they are used to share knowledge, then that is a good thing, IMO and I have posted images from other forums, but I do not remove watermarks and try to give credit if I can.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast