Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Problem posting a link.

Article about: Hello All, I am having a problem posting a link to a petition that needs signatures to help get a museum built on the former Grafton Underwood airfield. Every time I hit the submit button, T

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Gottcha. But can you try and cut and paste that link I am trying to post with out the quotation maks and see if you can reply to this post using just the link address?

Or is this a LINK type of thing problem?
    I've posted links to other websites and never had a problem
    Yes. Sorry. Forgot to add. It works both in your example and mine. And before you ask...YES, I have signed and submitted the petition

**** NOTE: Anyone who does this needs to REMOVE the extra text (that is the ..." ", Before, After) when they paste it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Gottcha. But can you try and cut and paste that link I am trying to post with out the quotation marks and see if you can reply to this post using just the link address?

Or is this a LINK type of thing problem?
    I've posted links to other websites and never had a problem

I guess my reply up there was aLMAO moment!!!!
    I'm old and don't know this interweb computer mumbo jumbo coding stuff. I just know what works and how to do it.

And yes...if was a funny LMAO moment. Certainly the millennials are laughing at you. Maybe even a future "Funny Stuff" post!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Michael, I try to just post the link , Just the link in my reply and it will not go through. The page goes blank. I can post links like this
    U.S. Militaria Forum
    and there is no problem,

- - ------- - -

But when I try and copy or cut and paste the link to the petition It doesn't work???

Is this me or am I doing something wrong?

Can you post the link in your next message???

I even took it down to the suffix of .com I took all the rest to the right off and it still would not work.

And THANK YOU for signing!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

I'm having the same problem as you.....

Here is a link to this forum and CNN (yes...I hate that site but got to know that the crazies think)

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

So it looks like it is the particular site you are tying to link that is causing the problem. Why? No idea. We need some young 'un to explain this Interwebby thingy to us.

?

I took your suggestion about the quotation marks and it is working as a hyper link in my new thread about this petition and it works that way. I just thought it odd that I can cut and paste another website with no problem ,but this one was giving me grief.

Thank for your help Michael and the good laugh I got myself, about the other reply. I totally ignored the " part. Yes I do deserve a hard time. If it was one of my Marines I would have called him a stupid shit. Which is how I felt when you replied!!!LMAO!! Yeah thanks for that one also!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Oh and there's your problem, you must of got your movie reviews from CNN ,,,,

MAP
    ?

Oh and there's your problem, you must of got your movie reviews from CNN ,,,,
    How did you know? Man...I really hate that site.

?

It seems others are also experiencing this problem in the new thread I created.
    Is there a fix for this? Or is it just the site I am linking to?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2