Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

problems logging in using smart phone

Article about: I have tried repeatedly to login to the forum using a smartphone but it keeps telling me I have entered the wrong username and or password. I have changed my password a few time and even got

I refuse to have a mobile. I like a simple quite life. Being online is enough for me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I refuse to have a mobile. I like a simple quite life. Being online is enough for me.
    I don't own one either Ade, it belongs to the wonderful firm i work for. It amazes me how many people don't believe you when you tell them you aint got a mobile!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Jerry, you should hit the phone with a large ball pein hammer, that's what i feel like doing to mine at times!...
    I have had mobile phones for many years, but finally decided to get the newer so called smart phone so I can check emails and the like whilst on site and also to be able to "search" for info on finds. The problem is that is many parts of Wales you can't get a signal for the internet anyway and in many places your lucky if you get a phone signal, so in many ways this was a waste of time and money. My older mobile gets a signal upstairs in my home, the new does not and I have to drive halfway up the mountain behind my house to be able to use it, however I can use it in the house on the net as I can connect to my house wifi, but then again as I am in the house I can use my laptop.

Like any tool, its what you can do with it is how its value should be judged and I am yet to be convinced that it matches up to the hype that seems to surround these things.

I still carry my older mobile with me when I am out and about.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post

...I still carry my older mobile with me when I am out and about.
    So do I, although I'm betting mine works over a lot shorter distance than yours old timer.......

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned can you use emoticons?😈
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Most of the time I find that logging in here from a mobile phone is pretty useless, as the mobile version of the site does not display attached files.

?

I will work on it
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Reich View Post
    Most of the time I find that logging in here from a mobile phone is pretty useless, as the mobile version of the site does not display attached files.
    I can see pictures in threads, though not anywhere as near as sharp an image as on my laptop.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I will work on it
    If that was intended as a reply to me, then great! That would be awesome.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I can see pictures in threads, though not anywhere as near as sharp an image as on my laptop.
    The sharpness depends on the image's resolution as well as the resolution of the screen on which it is being displayed. If a given picture appears sharper on your laptop than it does on your mobile phone, then your phone's resolution is inferior to that of your laptop. As a side note, modern flagship phones usually have a much denser resolution compared to mainstream 1080p computer monitors and the like.

As far as seeing pictures goes, the mobile theme can indeed display pictures that are embedded into a post just fine, but for some reason it will not display pictures that are added as attachments to the post itself without being inserted inline within the post.

Below is a screenshot of an attached picture that cannot be displayed. The "Click to enlarge the picture" link does not do anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2