Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

quoting with pictures

Article about: Sometimes when I hit the 'quote' button the quote only is grabbed and sometimes the pictures as well. It seems to be a bit random?? ... and annoying if it was the pictures you wanted to comm

Default quoting with pictures

Sometimes when I hit the 'quote' button the quote only is grabbed and sometimes the pictures as well. It seems to be a bit random?? ... and annoying if it was the pictures you wanted to comment on.

Any tips?

Thanks, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I've noticed that, it seems the photo will copy on to the quote if it's a fairly new post, if it's an older post it wont copy!...

I think it depends on if the pic was linked in the post and not just uploaded.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Do you mean Ade, that if the poster selected "insert inline" for the images, they become part of the content that can be retrieved as a "quote" but not if they were just added at the end of the post??
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Dan, yes, I think that is why it happens.

Cheers, Ade,
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Of course, the images can be removed from the quote by deleting the attachment links... If that is the correct tech term; I mean the thingies that look something like this:

"[ ATTACH=CONFIG]123456[/ATTACH ]"

I really think attention should be paid to doing this when quoting a previous post as many threads are unnecessarily bloated by tiring (and sometimes multiple) repetitions of images.

(Of course, sometimes it can make sense to quote an image, for example, if it had appeared several pages back in a thread with numerous photographs, and quoting it serves to clarify what one is referring to.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Of course, the images can be removed from the quote by deleting the attachment links (if that is the correct tech term; I mean the "[ ATTACH=CONFIG]743036[/ATTACH ]" thingies.

I really think attention should be paid to doing this when quoting a previous post as many threads are unnecessarily bloated by (sometimes multiple) repetitions of images.
    Andreas, I believe that this can only be done when, as Dan has said, the poster has hit the "insert Inline" tab.
    Or, when you quote someone and then go to "Advanced" and edit with the "Pictures upload" tab.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Andreas, I believe that this can only be done when, as Dan has said, the poster has hit the "insert Inline" tab.
    Or, when you quote someone and then go to "Advanced" and edit with the "Pictures upload" tab.
    Ralph.
    Now I'm getting a bit confused....Surely, the images only appear in a quote if they were "inserted inline" anyway? Hence, no possibility, but also no need to remove them from a quote if that wasn't the case?

The method described in my first post has always worked for me so far.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    But surely, the images only appear in a quote if they were "inserted inline" anyway? Hence, no possibility, but also no need to remove them from a quote if that wasn't the case?
    You are likely correct.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)