Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Article about: I'm very curious : what is that "Rep Power" ? some liberal slogan?

Default Re: Rep Power

I am glad somebody asked. I was afraid of looking foolish by asking what that means.

Hello,
    I think that you gain 1 rep power per 100 posts...and also when you've been helpful to other members. If i'm not mistaking i got at least two rep power given by fellow members.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    its not the size of your rep that matters its what you do with it well thats what my girlfriend tells me ,,,
    That's what she said to me last night Dave

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    I think that you gain 1 rep power per 100 posts...and also when you've been helpful to other members. If i'm not mistaking i got at least two rep power given by fellow members.
    Thanks
    I have received rep power by fellow members but did not increase my power?

Quote by tampalam View Post
    I am glad somebody asked. I was afraid of looking foolish by asking what that means.
    There are no foolish questions my friend, however occasionally I have heard some foolish answers...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

yes i believe that it raises every 100 posts and by one after every year gone by as being a member of the forum. Also underneath the link inscribed 'militaria classifieds feedback' there is an option to 'add to that person's reputation',.. which i can only imagine will add to the rep power?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I have received rep power by fellow members but did not increase my power?
    I noticed that my rep power has indeed increased by 1 for everyone hundred posts that I have made. Additionally, i believe that I have received 2 rep increases from two individuals. However, I have left rep info for others, but their number did not go up...perhaps Dimas/Ade can explain the system better and also see if their are any quirks in the system.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

To be honest, I don't know!

It is one of those bits of software which come with the site. I really don't place a huge amount of store in it. But some people like it. I look more a people's actual posts and what they have to say.

I have left mine set at 10

The feedback from the classified section is actually a separate thing. (Classified rating) This I do think is useful.

Cheers, Ade.

I dunno what the hell happened...I made a few posts ...and my age went down.

While we are talking about this,.. could someone also explain the little green boxes that are placed above the rep power? every member has one, except for Ade ( or atleast he's the only one i've seen with two). If you move the mouse overtop the green box for everyone except Ade, is says, '(the persons name) is on a distinguished road' so for instance it would say ' Rommel1942 is on a distinguished road' when you move the mouse over my square. But for Ade with the two squares, it says 'Adrian Stevenson will become famous soo enough'.
    Does anyone know what these are, and what the inscriptions mean?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast